Cannot start antivirus program [Closed]
Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:58 AM
Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:23 PM
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go.
Please note that all instructions given are customised for this computer only, the tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections.
If you think you have similar problems, please post the appropriate logs in the Can't Run Any Antivirus or Malware Removal Programs part of the forum and wait for help.
I'm Dakeyras and I am going to try to assist you with your problem. Please take note of the below:
- I will start working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
- The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine!
- The process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine is clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
- If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
- Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
- Refrain from running self fixes as this will hinder the malware removal process.
- It may prove beneficial if you print of the following instructions or save them to notepad as I post them.
- Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.
All applications I ask to be used will require to be run in Administrator mode. IE: Right click on and select Run as Administrator.
The Operating System in use comes with a inbuilt utility called User Access Control(UAC) when prompted by this with anything I ask you to do carry out please select the option Allow.
Before we start:
Please be aware that removing Malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.
Because of this, I advise you to backup any personal files and folders before you start.
If you are unable to download any of the below with your infected machine, please inform myself. As we could use your Netbook and a USB drive to transfer etc...However do not attempt this yourself as we would need to ensure your USB drive is protected so no infections are spread back to the aforementioned Netbook. Also do inform myself which Operating System is in use on the Netbook.
Scan with RogueKiller:
Please download RogueKiller to your desktop
Alternate download is here.
- Quit all running programs
- Right-click on RogueKiller.exe and select Run as Administrator to start the application.
- Let the pre-scan complete, then click on the Scan tab
- The RKreport.txt shall be generated next to the executable along with a zip file named RK_Quarantine.
- If the program is blocked, do not hesitate to try several times. If it really does not work (it could happen), rename it to winlogon.exe
Scan with OTL:
Please download OTL and save it to your Desktop.
Alternate downloads are here and here.
- Right-click on OTL.exe and select Run as Administrator to start OTL.
- Under Output, ensure that Minimal Output is selected.
- Under Extra Registry section, select Use SafeList.
- Click the Scan All Users checkbox.
- Click on Run Scan at the top left hand corner.
- When done, two Notepad files will open.
- OTL.txt <-- Will be opened
- Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized
- Please post the contents of these 2 Notepad files in your next reply.
- How is your computer performing now, any further symptoms and or problems encountered?
- RogueKiller Log.
- Both OTL logs. <-- Post them individually please, IE: one Log per post/reply.
Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:53 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users