services.exe.mui redirect issues [Closed]
Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:16 PM
Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:54 PM
My nick is maliprog and I'll be your technical support on this issue. Before we start please read my notes carefully:
- Malware removal is NOT instantaneous, most infections require several courses of action to completely eradicate.
- Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean
- Kindly follow my instructions in the order posted. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
- Please DO NOT run any scans or fix on your own without my direction.
- Please read all of my response through at least once before attempting to follow the procedures described.
- If there's anything you don't understand or isn't totally clear, please come back to me for clarification.
- Please do not attach any log files to your replies unless I specifically ask you. Instead please copy and paste it to include the log in your reply.
- You must reply within 3 days or your topic will be closed
Download OTL to your Desktop
- Double click on the icon to run it (If running Vista or Windows 7, right click on it and select "Run as an Administrator"). Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- Under the Custom Scan/Fixes box paste this in
netsvcs %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe /md5start explorer.exe winlogon.exe Userinit.exe svchost.exe services.* /md5stop %systemroot%\*. /mp /s CREATERESTOREPOINT
- Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post them if you need to start a new topic.
Download the latest version of TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop.
- Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.
- Check the boxes beside:
- Verify Driver Digital Signature
- Detect TDLFS file system
- then click OK.
- Click the Start Scan button to start the scan.
- If a suspicious object is detected, the default action will be Skip
- If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results and offer three (3) options.
- Ensure Cure is selected for malicious objects
- Click Continue then Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
- Note: If Cure is not available, please choose Skip instead, do not choose Delete unless instructed.
Please don't forget to include these items in your reply:
- OTL log
- TDSSKiller log
Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:48 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users