Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gpu Advice

• Please log in to reply

magnetmagmaa

magnetmagmaa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
When I woke up this morning for some reason MSI Afterburner was now able to change the clock speeds ect thanks for the advice though, but it still says Gpu tweak is running in my task manager is there anything I can do about that?

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Well that's one good result.
The problem with tweak tools, optimizers and especially Reg ones, is they usually cause more damage to s rig as against helping.

I would try System restore first. Look for the entry for GPU tweak and do a system restore.
If that fails. start the computer in Safe Mode,
Go to Add/Remove Programs, Uninstall GPU Tweak.
Restart the computer.

magnetmagmaa

magnetmagmaa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
I didnt do that, but I re downloaded it, and didnt have time to do anything else so left it and after using my computer a few times the program just opened properly on start up once I closed it and then uninstalled, the problem resolved itself! aha thanks though.

Theres one more query I have, I cannot overclock my computer at all, it crashes as soon as stress tested even at the smallest overclock and i clicked the auto overclock button on my mobo and its wouldnt start properly without crashing!
Any ideas?

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday magnetmagmaa.
I apologize for the lack of response, completely missed your last reply.
Is your computer still crashing?

magnetmagmaa

magnetmagmaa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Its fine, I clearly have not been attentive to the post either, my computer does not crash and Asus Gpu tweak has successfully been uninstalled.
Another query I have though if you would be so kind to help.

Everytime I try to overclock my Cpu computer even by the Slightest it will fail a stress test,
My motherboard the Msi 990 FXA GD-80 has a auto overclock button on it which auto overclocks your components for you to a high but still safe overclock, you press it on when the computers off and then turn it on and the magic happens...
When I tried this it wouldnt boot and just kept restarting -_- any solutions? thanks!

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday.
As you have done some tweaking, it will be useful to see what state the system is at the moment.
If already on your system, please run Speccy and post the url for us, or download from >http://www.piriform....file-to-the-web

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday.
Just some info about overclocking. > http://www.guru3d.co...k_review,1.html

magnetmagmaa

magnetmagmaa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Thanks for the help, but can I ask what Speccy is?

magnetmagmaa

magnetmagmaa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
I just found out what it is and got it but how do I send you this URL? I cant seem to find the URL on speccy -_-

magnetmagmaa

magnetmagmaa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Sorry for replying so hastily without research but i found out how to publish my specs aswell now, they should be available here:
http://speccy.pirifo...iHRgaqesAPGWmAQ

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday,
Thanks for the updates. Not getting a good reading for the PSU 12 volt rail so please download and run (in full screen) HWMonitor, and post the screenshot with your next reply. > http://www.cpuid.com.../1.23-setup.exe

Also download and run Revo Uninstaller Freeware, > http://www.revounins...e_download.html
When it starts,
Go, top menu,> click Tools, > on the left, click AutoRun Manager. Please include a screenshot with your next reply.

magnetmagmaa

magnetmagmaa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
I attached the Two screenshots

Attached Thumbnails

• bandicam 2013-07-05 16-35-21-849.jpg
  • bandicam 2013-07-05 16-47-36-251.jpg

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Thanks for the update.
Please answer all the questions.

Did you install this PSU? > http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817139011
Do you have a 8-Pin EPS 12V cable connected to the MB?
Did you install TeamView?
Without the Turbo Key pressed, does the system crash when playing games?

Please go > CCC, > Advanced View, > click Preferences, > Click, Restore Factory Defaults, > click yes, > Click OK. Restart computer,

Go > Revo Uninstaller, > Autorun Manager, > untick everything except, Steam,\ Razer Synapse,\ Avast. > Restart the computer. Check in the system tray, CCC Icon shouldnotbe present.

Reading for the + 12 Volt rail is still not showing correctly. Please restart the computer and enter the BIOS.
Look in PC monitoring or PC Health, make a note of the + 12 Volt value., Then, Go > Exit menu, Select Load Optimized, or, Default Setting, Save and exit.

Your computer should now be running in normal mode without any kind of over-clocking.
Please perform your stress test now. Does it crash?

magnetmagmaa

magnetmagmaa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
no I have this power supply: http://www.overclock...123&subcat=2237
I have got Team Viewer
I did install the 8 Pin Power cable to the MB
Without the turbo key it is fine
I done everything else, but in the bios I couldn't find the 12 volt value I looked for quite long aswell.
and i dont crash atm aslong as i dont overclock in any shape or form.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday.
Thanks for the answers.
If you crash again, please make a note of the error code displayed on Debug LED panel.
Even though you are not crashing when playing games, there is still a chance that the PSU is delivering unstable voltage, so we still need a reading from the BIOS which can be found under green power.
Restart the computer, > enter BIOS, > on the top menu go to "Green Power' > press enter. Please make a note of the 12v reading, add to your next post.