Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Infection?

• Please log in to reply

brewsrgr8

brewsrgr8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
I used to see what you posted but now the reply screen is different. The emoticons are on the bottom.

I used a vacuum and compressed air to clear ventilation system and still Motherboard runs as high as 96C.

Edited by brewsrgr8, 21 February 2013 - 07:54 PM.

Advertisements

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
You have to open your laptop and clean ventilation system that way (clean heat sinks, apply new thermal paste etc.). The best way to do it is to take your laptop to the nearest computer repair shop.

I used to see what you posted but now the reply screen is different. The emoticons are on the bottom.

It doesn't matter where is emoticons as this depends on chosen site template. Just tell me if there is any button with Add Files or similar text on it.

brewsrgr8

brewsrgr8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
OK. This is my first Laptop. I've never heard of having one professionally cleaned. I'll check into it. Thanks for the information.

Under the reply area it says Attachments, below that there are 2 boxes (side by side) that say Browse where I can successfully put attachments but below that there is not an Attach Button. I don't understand what happened because I used to have the same screen you displayed.

Edited by brewsrgr8, 23 February 2013 - 08:52 AM.

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
Please, just click on that Browse button, find and select that log file from Speccy then click on Open button. It should work :thumbsup:

brewsrgr8

brewsrgr8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
HEY! It worked! The old Reply screen is back! Thanks!

Attached Files

• Attached File  JB.txt   388.58KB   69 downloads

brewsrgr8

brewsrgr8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
I'm tring to attach the rest of the Toshiba programs and this time it's not working, again. ?

Edited by brewsrgr8, 23 February 2013 - 11:55 AM.

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
Please try with Mozilla Firefox.

brewsrgr8

brewsrgr8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
Do you mean for me to download Mozilla?

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
Yes. And install. Or Chrome or Opera. Try it.

brewsrgr8

brewsrgr8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
It worked! :thumbsup: These are the rest of the Toshiba programs on this Laptop.

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.png

Edited by brewsrgr8, 24 February 2013 - 10:46 AM.

Advertisements

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
Work with what browser?

For now I would recommend you to keep these application from Toshiba as I don't know if you actually use/need them. And please take your laptop to the nearest computer service shop to clean ventilation system. We should first lower temperatures as that is biggest issue at the moment.

brewsrgr8

brewsrgr8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
It worked with Firefox.

OK, I'll have it cleaned or is this something I can do myself? Until then do/can we suspend this thread?

Edited by brewsrgr8, 24 February 2013 - 09:39 PM.

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
I don't recommend you to do it yourself. It's better to leave it to professionals. After that come back here and run Speccy one more time as instructed here (post Speccy's log). I will leave this thread open.

brewsrgr8

brewsrgr8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
OK. Thank you! :thumbsup: I'm not sure how long this will take...my work schedule is crazy.

brewsrgr8

brewsrgr8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
OK, I took my Laptop to a PC repair shop and he thought/said it didn't need to be taken apart to be cleaned and instead he shot compressed air through it, which he did. Soooo what now?