Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

temp files

• Please log in to reply

DOUGLASS3020

DOUGLASS3020

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
can anyone tell me why wise care 365 says i still have temp files look at attached how do i get rid of them.i've already did %temp% in the run command and did disk cleanup and ran TFC.EXE but they are still there

Attached Thumbnails

• IncrediMail_Screenshot_0003.jpg

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Try CCLeaner.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
It looks to me like you are running two antivirus apps emisoft and avast I suggest you remove one.

DOUGLASS3020

DOUGLASS3020

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
IncrediMail_Screenshot_0001.jpg tried ccleaner too no help i got rid of emsisoft anti-malware and ran again cause there use just be three the index ones were the only ones but now there are 4 temp files in there and i can't get tid of them with no avail any other suggestions

Edited by DOUGLASS3020, 04 April 2013 - 08:45 PM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I have the same basic set of files on my computer. They don't take up much room and I'm not sure they should be deleted. Have you tried deleting manually and see what happens.

Like the ~fontcache files in C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local

You can add them to the CCleaner list of folders to clean up.

DOUGLASS3020

DOUGLASS3020

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
i did a system recovery and they are still there but i think they are ok cause there is a green check mark next to them what do you all think

Attached Thumbnails

• IncrediMail_Screenshot_0002.jpg

Edited by DOUGLASS3020, 02 May 2013 - 05:42 PM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I would leave them alone.

DOUGLASS3020

DOUGLASS3020

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
ok i will leave them alone but they weren't there before and i was just wondering why or how to remove them cause i like to keep my computer free of all unneeded files or unwanted file and folders cause this is a brand new computer.it is a gateway sx2370-ur30p with a 1TB hard drive and 16 GB of memory plus i have a old 40GB external drive and a brand new toshiba 1TB external hard drive .i have windows 7 home premium.i was used to windiows xp cause that was my first computer so win 7 is new to me but thanks for your reply