Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop can't boot, system repair failed

• Please log in to reply

Gasol

Gasol

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Hello, guys.

I need your help with my (very) old laptop.

When I came from work I open my laptop like usual, but surprise! It enter on setup repair automatically. It is for the first time when this is happen. After a few minutes appear the message that "WIndows cannot repair this computer automatically".

I clicked on finish, the laptop turned off. After I open it, appears "Windows is loading files" and then, again, that setup repair again.

I press F8 and try to enter in safe mode, but again, nothing, just jumped to  "setup repair". Neither last known configuration didn't work.

The only thing that I did last night, before I go to sleep, was to update Avast. It is possible that an update to cause this error?

I mentioned I use Windows 7, but in special for writing and little to youtube or news (I'm using Mozilla).

What can I do? It is possible to made it work again without format? Or just to save data. Have a lot of old stuff on C and D partition.

Thank you very much and hope someone can guide me.

PS: When I press "View problem details" after Startup Repair said cannot repair it, here what appears at Problem Signature 07: CorruptAcl

Advertisements