Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant Boot Windows XP - STOP: 0x0000008E.... [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Jasmyne

Jasmyne

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,010 posts
If you reboot with OTLPE can you see the Windows folder on the C: drive now?

Advertisements

qwerty321

qwerty321

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Now I cant even reboot with OTLPE!! The Reatogo booting screen appears for a sec and I get this new blue screen of death :(

I used to get this blue screen every once in a while when booting with OLTPE but this time I tried over 20 times and have not been able to boot

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC02852.jpg

Jasmyne

Jasmyne

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,010 posts
With this added information it appears the stop code is because of a hardware problem - bad RAM.

Option 1 Take your computer into a local repair shop and have them check and replace the RAM if necessary.

Option 2 If you feel comfortable, there are instructions here on how to access the RAM in your computer.

If you have two sticks of RAM it could be that just one of them is bad. Remove one, then try to boot your computer, if you still get the error message, switch them and try again.

If you only have one, you will need to order a replacement.

qwerty321

qwerty321

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
I will contact a local repair shop then!

I have a Lenovo care button which leads to the Rescue and Recovery wizard. Can this be of any help??

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC02844.jpg
  • DSC02846.jpg

Jasmyne

Jasmyne

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,010 posts
You might be able to use it to save files from your computer, just in case, but being a hardware problem it would not be able to fix the computer.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.