Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fairly Random BSODs

• Please log in to reply

Kicktar

Kicktar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Crashed Saturday, didn't use the computer Sunday, and been fine since except one freeze that didn't crash the computer.

On Sat 8/10/2013 8:17:20 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\081013-16068-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ndis.sys (ndis+0x13DD)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xFFFFFA80061025B0, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF88001C6F3DD)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ndis.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NDIS 6.20 driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

All my drives passed.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK still pointing to the OS as the problem. Do you have a full installation disk?
We can try a repair installation and see if that will correct the issue or wait till all the drivers have been updated and see if that works.
The ndis.sys is related to the nic card so check for the updated driver for that.

Kicktar

Kicktar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Since I got the SSD in the midst of the problem and installed a fresh installation onto it, I doubt doing that again will do anything different.

On the note of the nic card, I used to have one in my computer, but it wasn't working so I took it out and have been using a USB wireless adapter ever since, so could the fact that the system file is still there it's trying to do it's job and failing?

And yes, I do have a full install disk if needed.

Edited by Kicktar, 13 August 2013 - 05:49 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK we might be on to something here. Did you disable the old nic?

Please Go to

1: START and the click on RUN
2: Type in devmgmt.msc
3: Click Enter

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
Now go to Start and then to All Programs
Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop

Attach it to your next reply

Kicktar

Kicktar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
I assumed you wouldn't want nothing expanded, so I expanded the Network Adapter section:
Posted Image

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK that doesn't show a nic issue but there does seem to be a reference to a older driver in your BSOD's. Do you remember what your old nic was?

xBlueRobot

xBlueRobot

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
I haven't seen any dump files uploaded anywhere in this thread, please go to this directory:

C:\Windows\Minidump
or
%systemroot%\Minidump

Copy all the dump files into a zipped folder and then attach in your next post.

Please also upload these two files:

MSINFO32:
  • Start :orb:
  • Type: msinfo32
  • File, Save
  • Place in the same zipped folder
SystemInfo:
  • Start :orb:
  • Type: systeminfo.exe>C:\systeminfo.txt
  • Place the file in the same zipped folder as before

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Post 1 actually had a link to dump file. Since then we have been pulling the BSOD's with BlueScreenView and WhoCrashed.

xBlueRobot

xBlueRobot

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
BlueScreenView is okay for getting a very general outline of the nature of the crashes, but doesn't do much else in my opinion.

Okay, this is the first dump file (Kernel Memory dump):

[BugCheck D1, {fffffa7fffffffc8, 2, 1, fffff88001e8aaaa}

Probably caused by : tcpip.sys ( tcpip!TcpProcessExpiredTimeWaitTcbTimers+9a )

This bugcheck suggests that a device driver has referenced a invalid memory address, and then caused a illegal page fault. The IRQL level is also too high for page faults to be legal operations.

2: kd> !irql
Debugger saved IRQL for processor 0x2 -- 2 (DISPATCH_LEVEL)

2: kd> !pte fffffa7fffffffc8
                                           VA fffffa7fffffffc8
PXE at FFFFF6FB7DBEDFA0    PPE at FFFFF6FB7DBF4FF8    PDE at FFFFF6FB7E9FFFF8    PTE at FFFFF6FD3FFFFFF8
contains 0000000000000000
not valid

2: kd> lmvm RTL8192cu
start             end                 module name
fffff880`09ead000 fffff880`09fd8000   RTL8192cu   (no symbols)           
    Loaded symbol image file: RTL8192cu.sys
    Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\RTL8192cu.sys
    Image name: RTL8192cu.sys
    Timestamp:        Fri Feb 11 01:36:11 2011 (4D54928B)
    CheckSum:         000DAEBF
    ImageSize:        0012B000
    Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

The Realtek RTL8192C Wireless USB drive seems to be outdated, and a possible cause, please update the driver from here - http://218.210.127.1...&Downloads=true

Edited by xBlueRobot, 14 August 2013 - 01:39 PM.

Kicktar

Kicktar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
The old card was an MSI PC60G. Thinking back, I didn't have that card in the computer when I installed onto the SSD, so its driver shouldn't be in the system.

I've updated the driver, do you still want me to upload the MSINFO32 and SystemInfo?

Advertisements

xBlueRobot

xBlueRobot

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Yes please :)

Kicktar

Kicktar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Here you go. I removed the Product ID because I didn't think it was safe to distribute.

Attached Files

• Attached File  Info.zip   87.99KB   166 downloads

xBlueRobot

xBlueRobot

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
The Product ID is not your Product Key, it's completely different thing, the Product ID defines what type of key you have, and what OEM it belongs to if you have a OEM_SLP key.

xBlueRobot

xBlueRobot

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Remove:

Start Menu\Programs\Alcohol 120%

Alcohol 120% is well known to cause problems such as BSODs, please remove the program completely, and then follow:

Download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :

Double click to open it.
Click this button only:
Posted Image
If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.

Remove:

Start Menu\Programs\DriverMax

DriverMax and other similar programs, tend to install and download incompatible drivers, along with spyware and other unwanted things. Please remove the program completely. The only and best method to updating drivers, to check the motherboard support page or the hardware vendor, and then use their own installation wizards or download and install the driver via Device Manager.

Remove:

Start Menu\Programs\ASUS
Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\AI Suite

ASUS AI Suite is known to cause BSODs, and is simply motherboard bloatware. Please program completely.

Remove:

Start Menu\Programs\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013

Kaspersky is another well known BSOD causer and you seem to be running two AV programs on the same system; running two AV programs will cause serve conflicts and crashes , please remove the program completely with Kaspersky Removal Tool, along with the Comodo program.

My recommendations from personal experience and debugging are as follows:

Microsoft Security Essentials; Malwarebytes (Free Version) and SuperAntiSpyware (Free Version).

These programs are the most compatible with the operating system and the most lightweight on system resources.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

DriverMax and other similar programs, tend to install and download incompatible drivers, along with spyware and other unwanted things. Please remove the program completely

I take it this is your personal opinion as I have been using Drivermax for over 3 years with no problems at all and actually have used it very successfully here for over a year.

Kicktar how is the system running with all the steps so far? The nic driver is what we working on so hopefully what xBlueRobot has suggested will update that driver correctly. :thumbsup: