Thanks for the log. If you haven't turned AVG back on yet, please do so.
I noticed recently that I have been needing to reboot my computer more often to surf web and use youtube, as it seems to stall more often.
Is it still doing this just on one web site and YouTube? Can you describe exactly what happens please.Step-1. OTL FixBe advised that when the fix commences it will shut down all running processes and you may lose the desktop and icons, they will return on reboot 1.
Please copy all of the text in the quote box below (Do Not
copy the word Quote
. To do this, highlight everything
inside the quote box (except the word Quote
) , right click and click Copy.
ipconfig /flushdns /c
This fix is relevant for this system and no other. If you are not this user, DO NOT follow these directions
as they could damage the workings of your system.2.
on your desktop. To do that:
- Vista and 7 users: Right click the icon and click Run as Administrator
Place the mouse pointer inside the
textbox, right click and click Paste
. This will put the above script inside the textbox.4.
button.5. Let the program run unhindered.6. OTL may ask to reboot the machine. Please do so if asked.7.
A report will open. Copy
that report in your next reply.9.
If the machine reboots, the log will be located at C:\_OTL\MovedFiles\mmddyyyy_hhmmss.log
, (where mmddyyyy_hhmmss is the date of the tool run
).Step-2.Virustotal File Upload:
To use Virustotal
Step-3.Update Adobe Reader
- Click the Choose File button in the middle of the screen. This will open a File Upload window.
- On the File Upload window, in the File name box, type, or copy and paste the following and click Open:
NOTE.. Only one file per scan
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpSvc.dll.
- This will put the file in the box on the Virustotal page.
- Click the Scan it! button.
- IF you get a message that the file has already been analyzed click the Reanalyze button and the file will be scanned.
- Please be patient while the file is scanned. It may take several minutes.
- Once the scan results appear, please copy and paste the Virustotal link(s) (URL) in your next reply.
Earlier versions of Adobe Reader
have known security flaws so it is recommended that you update your copy.
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
- Windows Vista /7 Users: Click the Start Orb and click Control Panel. Under the Programs heading click Uninstall a program
- Remove ALL instances of Adobe Reader
The versions I see on the computer are:
- Re-boot your computer as required.
- Once ALL versions of Adobe Reader have been uninstalled, download the latest version of Adobe Reader from Here.
- Remove the check mark next to Yes, install McAfee Security Scan Plus-optional box.
- Click the Download Now button to download Adobe Reader and follow the directions.
After uninstalling Adobe Reader
, you could try installing Foxit Reader
. Foxit Reader
is a much smaller program. It has fewer add-ons therefore loads more quickly.NOTE:
When installing FoxitReader, be careful not to install anything to do with AskBar
or any other 3rd party programs.Step-4.Run Farbar Service Scanner
Please download Farbar Service Scanner
to the desktop.
Step-5. OTL Scan
- Right click the FSS.exe file, click Run as Administrator and OK any UAC prompts.
- Make sure the following options are checked:
- Internet Services
- Windows Firewall
- System Restore
- Security Center
- Windows Update
- Windows Defender
- Other Services
- Press "Scan".
- It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
- Please copy and paste the log to your reply.
on the desktop. To do that:
Make sure all other windows are closed .
- Right click the icon and click Run as Administrator.
Step-6.Things For Your Next Post:Please post the logs in the order requested. Do Not
- You will see a console like the one below:
- At the top of the console, click the box beside Scan All Users
- Make sure the Output box at the top is set to Standard Output.
- In the Extra Registry section click the circle beside Use Safelist.<---Important
- Click the box beside LOP Check and Purity Check
- Click the button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so.
- Let the scan run uninterrupted.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows, OTL.Txt will open on the desktop and Extras.Txt will be minimized on the taskbar. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy the contents of these files, one at a time, and paste them into your reply. To do that:
- On the .txt file Menu Bar click Edit then click Select All. This will highlight the contents of the file. Then click Copy.
- Right-click inside the forum post window then click Paste. This will paste the contents of the .txt file in the in the post window.
attach the logs unless I request it.1.
Answer my questions above.2.
Let me know if you were able to successfully update Adobe Reader.3.
The OTL fixes log4.
The VirusTotlal link5.
The new FSS.txt log6.
The new OTL.txt log7.
The new Extras.txt log