Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help my computer suddenly stop and i should restart it [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Valinorum

Valinorum

GeekU Guardian Bot

• GeekU Moderator
  • 3,330 posts
Hi pika3pika, :)

ahhh i think i know why my computer sometimes stop responding it probably becoz of the VGA driver i think its hardware problem.

Maybe but let's make sure it is not the software issues. :)
How is your system running?

• Step #1 Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-malware
    I see that you already have Malwarebytes Anti-malware in your system.

• Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware;
  • Click on the Update tab and click on Check for updates;
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Quick Full Scan, then click Scan. The scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient.
    Posted Image
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
    Posted Image
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
    Posted Image
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart. Restart if it tells you to.
  • The log is automatically saved by Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in the interface.
  • Copy and paste the entire report in your next reply.

Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

• Step #2 Scan with ESET Online Scanner
    Run ESET online Scanner:

Note: You can use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox for this scan. You will however need to disable your current installed Anti-Virus, how to do so can be read here.

Vista / 7 users: You will need to to right-click on the either the Internet Explorer or Firefox icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run as Administrator from the context menu.

• Please go here then click on: Posted Image

Note: If using Mozilla Firefox you will need to download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe when prompted then double click on it to install.
      All of the below instructions are compatible with either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox.

• Select the option YES, I accept the Terms of Use then click on:Posted Image
    • When prompted allow the Add-On/Active X to install.
    • Uncheck the box beside Remove Found Threats
    • Make sure that the option Scan archives is checked.
    • Now click on Advanced Settings and select the following:
    • Scan for potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
  • Now click on:Posted Image
  • The virus signature database... will begin to download. Be patient this make take some time depending on the speed of your Internet Connection.
  • When completed the Online Scan will begin automatically. The scan may take several hours.
  • Wait for the scan to finish. Do not touch either the Mouse or keyboard during the scan. Otherwise it may stall.

When The Scan is Complete:

• If No Threats Were Found:

• Put a checkmark in "Uninstall application on close"
    • Close the program
    • Report to me that nothing was found
  • If Threats Were Found:
    • Click on "list of threats found"
    • Click on "export to text file" and save it to the desktop as ESET SCAN.txt
    • Click on Back
    • Put a check mark in "Uninstall application on close" (Be sure you have saved the file first)
    • Click on Finish
    • Close the program
    • Copy and paste the report here

Note: Do not forget to re-enable your Anti-Virus application after running the above scan!

• Required Log(s):
  • ESET log;
  • MBAM log.

Regards,
Valinorum

Advertisements

pika3pika

pika3pika

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75.0.1300
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2013.10.05.07

Windows XP Service Pack 2 x86 NTFS
Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.2180
dd :: DD-K [administrator]

10/6/2013 10:44:26 AM
mbam-log-2013-10-06 (10-44-26).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM | P2P
Scan options disabled:
Objects scanned: 186456
Time elapsed: 12 minute(s), 8 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 0

(end)

Valinorum

Valinorum

GeekU Guardian Bot

• GeekU Moderator
  • 3,330 posts
Can you please post the ESET log after the scan? Thanks. :)

pika3pika

pika3pika

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\ApnIC.dll a variant of Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Ask application
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\ApnToolbarInstaller.exe a variant of Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Ask application
C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 6\unlocker-setup.exe a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Widgi application

just finished it

Valinorum

Valinorum

GeekU Guardian Bot

• GeekU Moderator
  • 3,330 posts
How is your system running?

pika3pika

pika3pika

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
my system work fine now. but still not responding sometimes and probably it becoz the vga driver coz sometimes it keep saying found new hard ware and then suddenly it stop responding

Valinorum

Valinorum

GeekU Guardian Bot

• GeekU Moderator
  • 3,330 posts
Hi pika3pika, :)

my system work fine now. but still not responding sometimes and probably it becoz the vga driver coz sometimes it keep saying found new hard ware and then suddenly it stop responding

You can open a thread here. :)

Since you are no longer facing any issues, I am glad to declare you All CLEAN.

And like a good surgeon I'd like to clear away my tools to prevent you from any unforeseen harm.

• Step #1 Fix with OTL
  • Re-run OTL by right clicking and choosing Run as administrator;
  • Under the Custom Scans/Fixes Box copy and paste the following contents inside the quote box. (Do not include the word 'quote').

:Files
    C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 6\unlocker-setup.exe
    :Commands
    [CLEARALLRESTOREPOINTS]
    [reboot]

• Click on "Run Fix" and let the program run unhindered;
  • Your PC will reboot automatically if it doesn't, reboot it;
  • Re-run OTL and click Cleanup.

• Step #2 Uninstall AdwCleaner
    Rerun AdwCleaner and click on Uninstall.

• Step #3 Update Internet Explorer
    Your version of Internet Explorer is outdated. Please go here to update it.

Before you go here are few tips, :)
    • Keep Windows up-to-date.[list]It is extremely important that you keep your operating system (Windows) updated when updates are made available. It is set to alert you, so be sure not to ignore these notices and to allow the updates to install. Many of these are critical security packages which could very possibly be the difference between your picking up a future infiltration and simply passing right by it unharmed. Please update your version of Windows by clicking the link below.
      Click to Update Windows.
  • Keep your web browser plugins and other programs updated also.This tip is rarely shared by technicians and its importance is not widely recognized, but it's absolutely critical. Programs such as Java, Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Reader, Internet Explorer, and myriad other such web-exposed items are deeply vulnerable to attack, which can quickly lead to a hopelessly infected system no matter what protection you currently have installed. The reason is that these programs are ubiquitous, but are also not perfect and are extremely complex... and as such, security vulnerabilities are discovered and exploited by hackers hoping to gain control over your machine. By performing every update for these programs as soon as it's made available, you will greatly reduce your exposure to dangerous internet threats.

A great way to do this is to install the Filehippo Update Checker and run it regularly. Also, try not to ignore any notifications you receive regarding updates to programs already installed on your PC.
  • And last of all, surf smart.It doesn't matter how well the autopilot system works if the pilot keeps flying the plane into mountain ranges. Don't forget that no matter how much you have protecting yourself, your security ultimately begins and ends with you. Don't visit dangerous or questionable web sites, avoid suspicious links on Facebook and emails/email attachments you're unsure about, and just generally keep your wits about you, and you'll be much safer. Also, avoid illegal downloads, cracks, "warez", and all other too-good-to-be-true internet offerings: they're typically laden with malware. Be smart and you can avoid most threats lurking about the darker corners of the internet! And for even more tips, see our article, How Did I Get Infected in the First Place?

Regards,
Valinorum

pika3pika

pika3pika

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
thx

pika3pika

pika3pika

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
oops no more rep ++

Valinorum

Valinorum

GeekU Guardian Bot

• GeekU Moderator
  • 3,330 posts
Glad we could help. :)

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.