Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus Gone:But so is my cd/dvr & system restore:

• Please log in to reply

bonezz777

bonezz777

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
SNAG-14032106033200.png SNAG-14031905273500.png Hi,I got a virus and Tom982 helped me to remove it,problem now is web sites dont display correctly,and page hangs,and if I put a dvr in,you can hear the dvr motor runnig,but nothing "on screen",how ever,if I go to my computor and manualy bring it up,it will play-sometimes-I also noticed"while trying ti fix it"System restore" is there & shows several points of restore...they just wont...I have dial up,I will give a snap shot of my dvr and the system I have;Thanks for any help,Tim....Ps.I dont know much about computers..

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hello bonezz777

Having read your malware topic I must inform you that I concur with colleague Tom in that you should as soon as possible upgrade to Windows 7, this after confirming that the computer meets the hardware requirements, you only have 1GB of Ram for example and this is the bare minimum, run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor and let us know what it reports.

looking at your screenshot prompts me to ask if you have enabled the drive in the Device usage box and then clicked on ok, if yes and still no auto play do the following please;

Go to Run and enter the following;
regedit /e C:\reg3.txt "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\IniFileMapping\Autorun.inf"
post the content of the exported text file C:\reg3.txt with your next reply.

We will look at the other issues once the auto play problem has been addressed.

bonezz777

bonezz777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Hello bonezz777

Having read your malware topic I must inform you that I concur with colleague Tom in that you should as soon as possible upgrade to Windows 7, this after confirming that the computer meets the hardware requirements, you only have 1GB of Ram for example and this is the bare minimum, run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor and let us know what it reports.

looking at your screenshot prompts me to ask if you have enabled the drive in the Device usage box and then clicked on ok, if yes and still no auto play do the following please;

Go to Run and enter the following;
regedit /e C:\reg3.txt "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\IniFileMapping\Autorun.inf"
post the content of the exported text file C:\reg3.txt with your next reply.

We will look at the other issues once the auto play problem has been addressed.

Hello phillpower2,thank You for replying; Okay I tried to do "Run" thing,I copy/paste what You wrote and it done nothing just disapeared,so I tried agin,but this time I just put [b]regedit and it brought up regitry I think?,and I broke it down ONE word at a time in differant +- drop down boxes,finally to Autorun.inf and I tried toprint or copy it for You but...well I will send a snap shot from my Wolfcoders screensnag(quite handy)'cause "print screen wont work?"and also I ran windows7 adviserWindows 7 Upgrade Advisor Report
Computer Name:
Operating System: Windows XP Professional
CPU: Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz
Memory: 1.0 GB

Information about upgrading to 32-bit Windows 7
System Details
Custom installation required You'll need to perform a custom installation of 32-bit Windows 7 and then reinstall your programs. Make sure to back up your files before you begin.
Go online to get important information about installing Windows 7 on a PC running Windows XP
Outlook Express This program is no longer included in Windows 7. You can get similar programs for Windows 7 from other software manufacturers.
Go to the Microsoft website to learn more
More info from Hewlett-Packard Hewlett-Packard has a website that might give you more information about getting Windows 7 running on your PC.
Visit the Hewlett-Packard website
Windows Aero support Your graphics adapter supports the Windows Aero user interface.
Go online to learn more about Windows Aero
CPU speed: 1.8 GHz Your CPU meets the 1 GHz minimum requirement.
1.0 GB of RAM Your PC meets the 1 GB minimum requirement.
43.1 GB free space available on C: Your hard disk meets the minimum requirement of 16 GB free space for 32-bit Windows 7.

Devices Status Details
BCM V.90 56K Modem
BCM Check Windows Update Check Windows Update after installing Windows 7 to make sure you have the latest driver for this device, otherwise it may not work.
HP LaserJet P1006
HP Check Windows Update Check Windows Update after installing Windows 7 to make sure you have the latest driver for this device, otherwise it may not work.
Go online for more information
Intel® 946GZ Express Chipset Family
Intel Corporation Compatible This device is compatible with Windows 7.
Intel® PRO/100 VE Network Connection
Intel Compatible This device is compatible with Windows 7.
Realtek High Definition Audio
Realtek Compatible This device is compatible with Windows 7.
USB Mass Storage Device
Compatible USB storage device Compatible This device is compatible with Windows 7.

Programs Status Details
Internet Explorer (Enable DEP) Paid update available We don't have compatibility information about this version of the program.
Get a paid update to a compatible version
Microsoft SQL Server Native Client
version 9.00.5000.00
Microsoft Corporation Known issues You may experience issues running this program on Windows 7.
Go online for a solution
2007 Microsoft Office system
version 12.0.6612.1000
Microsoft Corporation This program has earned Microsoft's Compatible with Windows 7 logo.
Learn more about the Compatible with Windows 7 logo
Java™ SE Runtime Environment 6 Update 1
version 1.6.0.10
Sun Microsystems, Inc. This program has earned Microsoft's Compatible with Windows 7 logo.
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
version 8.0.61001
Microsoft Corporation This program has earned Microsoft's Compatible with Windows 7 logo.
PDF Complete This program has earned Microsoft's Compatible with Windows 7 logo.
Java™ 6 Update 31
version 6.0.310
Oracle This program has earned Microsoft's Compatible with Windows 7 logo. A paid update to a newer version is also available.
Get the paid update
Java™ 6 Update 7
version 1.6.0.70
Sun Microsystems, Inc. This program has earned Microsoft's Compatible with Windows 7 logo. A paid update to a newer version is also available.
Get the paid update
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Free update available This program is compatible with Windows 7. A free update is also available.
Get the free update
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2
version 2.2.30729
Microsoft Corporation Free update available This program is compatible with Windows 7. A free update is also available.
Get the free update
Microsoft Office 2007 Primary Interop Assemblies
version 12.0.4518.1014
Microsoft Corporation Free update available This program is compatible with Windows 7. A free update is also available.
Get the free update
Windows Internet Explorer 8
version 20090308.140743
Get the free update
Bejeweled 2 Deluxe
PopCap Games Compatible This program is compatible with Windows 7.
Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007 SP2
version 3.0.8619.1
Microsoft Corporation Compatible This program is compatible with Windows 7.
ESET Online Scanner v3 Compatible This program is compatible with Windows 7.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.75.0.1300
version 1.75.0.1300
Malwarebytes Corporation Compatible This program is compatible with Windows 7.
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2
version 3.2.30729
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
version 3.5
Microsoft Office 2003 Web Components
version 11.0.8173.0
Microsoft Office Small Business Connectivity Components
version 2.0.7024.0
Microsoft Security Essentials
version 4.4.304.0
Microsoft Silverlight
version 5.1.30214.0
Microsoft SQL Server 2005
Microsoft SQL Server VSS Writer
version 9.00.5000.00
OpenOffice.org 3.0
version 3.0.9379
OpenOffice.org Compatible This program is compatible with Windows 7.
Peggle Deluxe
Sentinel Protection Installer 7.5.0
version 7.5.0
SafeNet, Inc. Compatible This program is compatible with Windows 7.
Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor
version 2.0.5000.0
Windows Media Player 11 Compatible This program is compatible with Windows 7.
InterVideo WinDVD
version 5.0-B11.1145
InterVideo Inc. Paid update available This program is compatible with Windows 7. A paid update is also available.
Get the paid update

Windows XP Mode is an optional feature available in Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate that has extra system requirements.
Visit the Windows XP Mode website for more information
Requirement Details
Virtualization technology not supported Your PC does not support hardware assisted virtualization technology.
1.0 GB of RAM Your PC memory doesn't meet the 2 GB requirement for running Windows XP Mode on 32-bit Windows 7. When running XP Mode, you might experience poor performance.
Extra 15 GB of free space Your PC meets the minimum requirement of 15 GB extra space for installing and running Windows XP Mode.

Information about upgrading to 64-bit Windows 7
System Details
Custom installation required You'll need to perform a custom installation of 64-bit Windows 7 and then reinstall your programs. Make sure to back up your files before you begin.
Go online to get important information about installing Windows 7 on a PC running Windows XP
1.0 GB of RAM Your PC needs at least 2 GB of RAM for 64-bit Windows 7 for optimal performance. Contact your PC manufacturer or retailer to see if an upgrade is available.
Outlook Express This program is no longer included in Windows 7. You can get similar programs for Windows 7 from other software manufacturers.
Go to the Microsoft website to learn more
More info from Hewlett-Packard Hewlett-Packard has a website that might give you more information about getting Windows 7 running on your PC.
Visit the Hewlett-Packard website
Windows Aero support Your graphics adapter supports the Windows Aero user interface.
Go online to learn more about Windows Aero
CPU speed: 1.8 GHz Your CPU meets the 1 GHz minimum requirement.
43.1 GB free space available on C: Your hard disk meets the minimum requirement of 20 GB free space for 64-bit Windows 7.

Devices Status Details
BCM V.90 56K Modem
BCM Unknown We don't have compatibility information about this device.
HP LaserJet P1006
HP Check Windows Update Check Windows Update after installing Windows 7 to make sure you have the latest driver for this device, otherwise it may not work.
Go online for more information
Intel® 946GZ Express Chipset Family
Intel Corporation Compatible This device is compatible with Windows 7.
Intel® PRO/100 VE Network Connection
Intel Compatible This device is compatible with Windows 7.
Realtek High Definition Audio
Realtek Compatible This device is compatible with Windows 7.
USB Mass Storage Device
Compatible USB storage device Compatible This device is compatible with Windows 7.

Programs Status Details
Internet Explorer (Enable DEP) Paid update available We don't have compatibility information about this version of the program.
Get a paid update to a compatible version
Microsoft SQL Server Native Client
version 9.00.5000.00
Microsoft Corporation Known issues You may experience issues running this program on Windows 7.
Go online for a solution
2007 Microsoft Office system
version 12.0.6612.1000
Java™ SE Runtime Environment 6 Update 1
version 1.6.0.10
Sun Microsystems, Inc. This program has earned Microsoft's Compatible with Windows 7 logo.
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
version 8.0.61001
PDF Complete This program has earned Microsoft's Compatible with Windows 7 logo.
Java™ 6 Update 31
version 6.0.310
Oracle This program has earned Microsoft's Compatible with Windows 7 logo. A paid update to a newer version is also available.
Get the paid update
Java™ 6 Update 7
version 1.6.0.70
Sun Microsystems, Inc. This program has earned Microsoft's Compatible with Windows 7 logo. A paid update to a newer version is also available.
Get the paid update
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Free update available This program is compatible with Windows 7. A free update is also available.
Get the free update
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2
version 2.2.30729
Get the free update
Microsoft Office 2007 Primary Interop Assemblies
version 12.0.4518.1014
Get the free update
Windows Internet Explorer 8
version 20090308.140743
Get the free update
Bejeweled 2 Deluxe
Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007 SP2
version 3.0.8619.1
ESET Online Scanner v3 Compatible This program is compatible with Windows 7.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.75.0.1300
version 1.75.0.1300
Malwarebytes Corporation Compatible This program is compatible with Windows 7.
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2
version 3.2.30729
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
version 3.5
Microsoft Office 2003 Web Components
version 11.0.8173.0
Microsoft Office Small Business Connectivity Components
version 2.0.7024.0
Microsoft Security Essentials
version 4.4.304.0
Microsoft Silverlight
version 5.1.30214.0
Microsoft SQL Server 2005
Microsoft SQL Server VSS Writer
version 9.00.5000.00
OpenOffice.org 3.0
version 3.0.9379
OpenOffice.org Compatible This program is compatible with Windows 7.
Peggle Deluxe
Sentinel Protection Installer 7.5.0
version 7.5.0
SafeNet, Inc. Compatible This program is compatible with Windows 7.
Windows Media Player 11 Compatible This program is compatible with Windows 7.
InterVideo WinDVD
version 5.0-B11.1145
InterVideo Inc. Paid update available This program is compatible with Windows 7. A paid update is also available.
Get the paid update
Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor
version 2.0.5000.0
Microsoft Corporation Paid update available This program is compatible with Windows 7. A paid update is also available.

Windows XP Mode is an optional feature available in Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate that has extra system requirements.
Visit the Windows XP Mode website for more information
Requirement Details
Virtualization technology not supported Your PC does not support hardware assisted virtualization technology.
1.0 GB of RAM Your PC memory doesn't meet the 3 GB requirement for running Windows XP Mode on 64-bit Windows 7. When running XP Mode, you might experience poor performance.

Extra 15 GB of free space Your PC meets the minimum requirement of 15 GB extra space for installing and running Windows XP Mode :confused: Did I do this right?? Thanks,Tim

Attached Thumbnails

• SNAG-14032220410000.png

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hello bonezz777

Thanks for the update :thumbsup:

Looking at your screenshot prompts me to ask if you have enabled the drive in the Device usage box and then clicked on ok, if yes and still no auto play do the following please;

Please confirm that this was done.

Good news that you can run Windows 7 so we can come back to this once the auto play has been addressed.

Colleague Crowbar was kind enough to share the following information a while back;

You have at some time run ComboFix, which has by default disabled all autorun.inf function on the system as a preventative security measure.

Please be aware that if you choose to enable the activation of autorun.inf files that the system will be at increased risk of infection from disks or devices that you now connect to it. You should exercise appropriate caution to avoid malware infection! I will provide instruction for you to enable autorun, but suggest that you do not use it unless you are absolutely sure that you are prepared to accept the possible consequences of doing so: The risk is all yours.

The following key was added to the registry to prevent the system taking any action on whatever was contained in an autorun.inf file:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\IniFileMapping\Autorun.inf <<< key

I suggest that we simply delete the Autorun.inf key by doing the following:

Please open Notepad and paste the entire contents of the code box below into the open window of a new text file.

Code:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\IniFileMapping\Autorun.inf]

Make sure there are NO blank lines before "Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00"
Make sure there IS one blank line at the end of the file.

In the main menu of Notepad go to File > Save
In the "Save as type" box, choose "All files"
Enter the file name as del.reg
Choose your desktop as the "Save in" location
Click on "Save".
Close the Notepad window.

On your desktop, locate the file that you just created, del.reg.
Double-click on the file.
When prompted "Are you sure ... ", click "Yes".

Restart the computer normally to ensure that the changes are made. <<< Important
When you now insert a CD, DVD, flashdrive or any other external drive with autorun capability, it should run.

*** Please be aware that having autorun enabled is now considered a security risk, and is discouraged.
If in any doubt about the disk that you are inserting, you can disable autorun by holding down the <SHIFT> key while inserting the disk, and continuing to hold it down until the optical drive has stopped attempting to read the disk. This method should not be relied upon!
Source AustrAlien

bonezz777

bonezz777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
SNAG-14032309242400.png SNAG-14031205253400.png

Hello bonezz777

Thanks for the update :thumbsup:

Looking at your screenshot prompts me to ask if you have enabled the drive in the Device usage box and then clicked on ok, if yes and still no auto play do the following please;

Please confirm that this was done.

Good news that you can run Windows 7 so we can come back to this once the auto play has been addressed.

Colleague Crowbar was kind enough to share the following information a while back;

You have at some time run ComboFix, which has by default disabled all autorun.inf function on the system as a preventative security measure.

Please be aware that if you choose to enable the activation of autorun.inf files that the system will be at increased risk of infection from disks or devices that you now connect to it. You should exercise appropriate caution to avoid malware infection! I will provide instruction for you to enable autorun, but suggest that you do not use it unless you are absolutely sure that you are prepared to accept the possible consequences of doing so: The risk is all yours.

The following key was added to the registry to prevent the system taking any action on whatever was contained in an autorun.inf file:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\IniFileMapping\Autorun.inf <<< key

I suggest that we simply delete the Autorun.inf key by doing the following:

Please open Notepad and paste the entire contents of the code box below into the open window of a new text file.

Code:

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\IniFileMapping\Autorun.inf]

Make sure there are NO blank lines before "Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00"

In the main menu of Notepad go to File > Save
In the "Save as type" box, choose "All files"
Enter the file name as del.reg
Click on "Save".

On your desktop, locate the file that you just created, del.reg.

Restart the computer normally to ensure that the changes are made. <<< Important
When you now insert a CD, DVD, flashdrive or any other external drive with autorun capability, it should run.

*** Please be aware that having autorun enabled is now considered a security risk, and is discouraged.
If in any doubt about the disk that you are inserting, you can disable autorun by holding down the <SHIFT> key while inserting the disk, and continuing to hold it down until the optical drive has stopped attempting to read the disk. This method should not be relied upon!
Source AustrAlien

Hello phillpower2,I'm not sure what you need me to do "Quote"

Looking at your screenshot prompts me to ask if you have enabled the drive in the Device usage box and then clicked on ok, if yes and still no auto play do the following please; Then I copy/paste Crowbar's fix, Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\IniFileMapping\Autorun.inf] exactly as You see it here...Is this wrong?? It didn't fix the autorun drives,but it Did fix my peoplepc isp home page,to dislay properly again,I mentioned this issue to Tom earlyer,I thought it was still infected,but guess it was a regisrty issue; Phillpower2,I'm sorry to be such a pain,just not too swift on these things...Tim PS,here are before and after notepad fix..

Edited by bonezz777, 23 March 2014 - 07:54 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Your OP showed the screenshot that I have included below, I have added two red markers to point towards what I was referring to, have you made sure that the device is set to enabled and then clicked OK.

Please try this again first and post back with an update before trying the other options below.

There is a possibility that the auto play problem is hardware related as opposed to software, this because the drive is working intermittantly

Some additional steps to try here

Try Windows Repair (All In One) steps 2, 3 and 4 here, be sure to select the create new restore point option.

bonezz777

bonezz777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Your OP showed the screenshot that I have included below, I have added two red markers to point towards what I was referring to, have you made sure that the device is set to enabled and then clicked OK.

Please try this again first and post back with an update before trying the other options below.

There is a possibility that the auto play problem is hardware related as opposed to software, this because the drive is working intermittantly

Some additional steps to try here

Try Windows Repair (All In One) steps 2, 3 and 4 here, be sure to select the create new restore point option.

Okay, Now I see what You was saying,Yes I did this and nothing changed,awaiting next thing to do,and Thank You for a fast responce....Tim

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Can you keep your answers separate so as to avoid confusion, thanks.

Was this also done again or did you only mean that you checked that the drive was enabled as in the screenshot, pressed OK but nothing changed (this is where the confusion is).

bonezz777

bonezz777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Can you keep your answers separate so as to avoid confusion, thanks.

Was this also done again or did you only mean that you checked that the drive was enabled as in the screenshot, pressed OK but nothing changed (this is where the confusion is).

phillpower2,Sorry 4 the confusion,Yes I did it again but nothing changed...,Then I did "crowbar's" and still nothing....and my isp home page reverted to Previouce condition....It has to be registy issues..??..Should I proceed to Your other steps?:Some additional steps to try here...and/or...Try Windows Repair (All In One) steps 2, 3 and 4 here....I will wait on Your call....thanks,Tim .....Monday march 24th update;Hello phillpower2,I ran the first sugestion:Some additional steps to try here,and it didn't work...,Then I down loaded tweaking & ran that,but ran into a issue at step 3,it says for xp users to insert disk at restart..I dont have a disk,so I canceled that step Untill I ask You this; I have hp emergancy recovery "installed" on here located in "my computer in "D",However I scared to use it 'cause I Don't know if I will have a computer anaymore,if I do??And I need my computer working as to stay in touch with SSDisability,Sir what is Your oppinion?...PS,eversince I ran tweaking,web pages are laid out weird,I almost couldn't recognise,even this site;thanks,Tim

Edited by bonezz777, 24 March 2014 - 07:31 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

For now please only try the following again and then post back with an update for us;

Advertisements

bonezz777

bonezz777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

For now please only try the following again and then post back with an update for us;

Hi phillpower2,It wasn't clear about the above to a non computer geek,I tried copy/paste,didn't work,then I put in "run" regedit,and Opened ONE at a time each\\\ comand,all went well UNTILL I got to Inifilemapping,clicked on the(+) and it Did Not have "option" Autorun.inf...To prove this I've included a snapshot of this issue..Thanks,Tim...

Attached Thumbnails

• SNAG-14032606113500.png

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

I was asking that you refer to and then follow the previous steps that you did that restored your homepage settings, as per the details below;

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\IniFileMapping\Autorun.inf <<< key

I suggest that we simply delete the Autorun.inf key by doing the following:

Please open Notepad and paste the entire contents of the code box below into the open window of a new text file.

Code:

In the main menu of Notepad go to File > Save
In the "Save as type" box, choose "All files"
Enter the file name as del.reg
Click on "Save".

On your desktop, locate the file that you just created, del.reg.

Restart the computer normally to ensure that the changes are made. <<< Important

If in any doubt about the disk that you are inserting, you can disable autorun by holding down the <SHIFT> key while inserting the disk, and continuing to hold it down until the optical drive has stopped attempting to read the disk. This method should not be relied upon!

bonezz777

bonezz777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

I was asking that you refer to and then follow the previous steps that you did that restored your homepage settings, as per the details below;

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\IniFileMapping\Autorun.inf <<< key

I suggest that we simply delete the Autorun.inf key by doing the following:

Please open Notepad and paste the entire contents of the code box below into the open window of a new text file.

Code:

In the main menu of Notepad go to File > Save
In the "Save as type" box, choose "All files"
Enter the file name as del.reg
Click on "Save".

On your desktop, locate the file that you just created, del.reg.

Restart the computer normally to ensure that the changes are made. <<< Important

If in any doubt about the disk that you are inserting, you can disable autorun by holding down the <SHIFT> key while inserting the disk, and continuing to hold it down until the optical drive has stopped attempting to read the disk. This method should not be relied upon!

phillpower2,Hi,phone service was down thursday,all day so no internet; I Not getting what Your saying about the autoplay issue,every computer I've been on,when you put in a dvr/movie ect..It played automatically,you should not have to"my computer +-+-this or that?? Anyway,I done what You said n got a error msg..I will include the snapshot;Thanks,Tim...SNAG-14032619582900.png

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Not having auto play enabled is something that is suggested in the information that was provided, I myself was not at the time aware that it was deemed a security risk so I have also learnt something new.

Please Run the PCPitstop.com OverDrive Full Tests

Here's how:

You must use your Internet Explorer for this procedure. (doesn't work so well in Firefox or others). If your machine is running Vista or Windows 7, you must Select IE to “Run as Administrator”. After completing PCPitstop OverDrive you can close your IE browser and re-open it Normally so that you are no longer running as administrator.

Go to:  http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/default.asp

Click on "Free Computer Check-up" listed below PC Pitstop OverDrive
In the User Login - Click on "Sign up FREE!"
You'll need to submit a valid email address and create your own password, then click - Create Account(button)

Now enter your email address and password to Log in, Select - Scan this system Now!(button)
You will then be asked to download an ActiveX component and allow it to install.
It is safe and does not compromise your privacy.
Follow the on-screen prompts to install the ActiveX and to allow the Full Tests to be run on your machine.

The Full Tests take about 2 1/2 - 3 minutes on most machines.
When complete, a Results - Summary - Recommended Fixes will be displayed.

Please post the URL internet address, from your Results, back here into this Topic Thread so that we can review the configuration and present performance levels of your machine.

Note: During the graphics 2D and graphics 3D testing, your screen will display some rapidly moving objects.
If you are sensitive to visual flashing, it may cause dizziness. Therefore, look away from the screen during that portion of the testing.

After reviewing the results we will be more informed and may be able to provide better recommendations for you to work towards improving your machine's performance.

While PCPitstop does offer a variety of Paid Products, the PCPitstop OverDrive testing is FREE. Please ignore the references to Paid Products. We prefer to provide manual solution instructions that you can apply directly to your machine.

Thanks to rshaffer61 for the PCPitstop information  :thumbsup:

NB: An example of the url that we require and the information that it leads to http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=25271813

Please note that I cannot be around much today due to other commitments, apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause.

bonezz777

bonezz777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Not having auto play enabled is something that is suggested in the information that was provided, I myself was not at the time aware that it was deemed a security risk so I have also learnt something new.

Please Run the PCPitstop.com OverDrive Full Tests

Here's how:

You must use your Internet Explorer for this procedure. (doesn't work so well in Firefox or others). If your machine is running Vista or Windows 7, you must Select IE to “Run as Administrator”. After completing PCPitstop OverDrive you can close your IE browser and re-open it Normally so that you are no longer running as administrator.

Go to:  http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/default.asp

Click on "Free Computer Check-up" listed below PC Pitstop OverDrive
In the User Login - Click on "Sign up FREE!"
You'll need to submit a valid email address and create your own password, then click - Create Account(button)

Now enter your email address and password to Log in, Select - Scan this system Now!(button)
You will then be asked to download an ActiveX component and allow it to install.
It is safe and does not compromise your privacy.
Follow the on-screen prompts to install the ActiveX and to allow the Full Tests to be run on your machine.

The Full Tests take about 2 1/2 - 3 minutes on most machines.
When complete, a Results - Summary - Recommended Fixes will be displayed.

Please post the URL internet address, from your Results, back here into this Topic Thread so that we can review the configuration and present performance levels of your machine.

Note: During the graphics 2D and graphics 3D testing, your screen will display some rapidly moving objects.
If you are sensitive to visual flashing, it may cause dizziness. Therefore, look away from the screen during that portion of the testing.

After reviewing the results we will be more informed and may be able to provide better recommendations for you to work towards improving your machine's performance.

While PCPitstop does offer a variety of Paid Products, the PCPitstop OverDrive testing is FREE. Please ignore the references to Paid Products. We prefer to provide manual solution instructions that you can apply directly to your machine.

Thanks to rshaffer61 for the PCPitstop information  :thumbsup:

NB: An example of the url that we require and the information that it leads to http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=25271813

Please note that I cannot be around much today due to other commitments, apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Hi phillpower2,I had a heck of a time getting that program to load,man!,after about 20 attemps,it loaded,it skipped one test,kept saying "you need at least Flash 8"...All in all though,I got all Checkered flags,except one(c/d)said I had a strong machine??,maybe it's like You said just a few tweaks here n there,enough bla bla,here's Your report,& Thanks....Tim:SNAG-14032816540900.png