Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Making my Database Workable

database access microsoft multiuser problems

• Please log in to reply

monsterwonder33

monsterwonder33

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi :)

I need some new ideas for how to manage a database of 5000+ people. We do not have ample amounts of financial information in this database, its mostly just contact information. However we are having issues making it workable because of the complicated layers that we use (we are Canada wide, so there is province and area problems) and the mass amount of people. Its just not working any more and I need some creative ways to make access both user friendly and efficient. 

Ideas?

-Liz

Edited by monsterwonder33, 22 April 2014 - 01:03 PM.

Advertisements

dm27

dm27

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Hello monsterwonder33,

:welcome:

I have a couple questions that would help me and maybe others that read your topic in helping us offer you some suggestions.

1. What application are you using for the database? [Edit: Just realized you tagged your post Microsoft Access, so that's covered.  What version are you using?]
  2. How many people are using this database (1, 5, more than that?)
  3. Could you expand on some of the issues you are having? (You mention providence/area challenges and need to improve user experience and efficiency)

All the best,

DM

Edited by dm27, 22 April 2014 - 07:50 PM.