Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I have an issue with my internet connection connecting(supper supper s

internet connection

• Please log in to reply

bigtrucks

bigtrucks

• PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

I have an issue with my internet connection connecting(supper supper slow)

Found some things that got my interest and just wanted to see if these settings were ok or should they be changed? No, I haven't touched anything. I have an issue with my internet connection connecting(supper supper slow)and a lot of times it's just faster to go in and disable then enable the network. I'm "Suppose" to be getting 30mbps download(HA!) but I'm lucky to get 10 and on good days I may even get 12mbps. According to their(BH) speed test(which they use Ookla.). When I do Ookla at the same time I get anywhere from 5 to 9.8 Mbps.) My videos are really crappy and they said that it was the wiring in my home that was causing this. I didn't have this problem until my personal router went down and I thought I would try theirs  at $3.50 a month . I think I thought Like A Lit! ( a saying my better half says when he makes wrong choices. lol)
Don't know if it makes a difference but everything works just fine from my smart phone(videos, connections...)
Soooo....if anyone can advise or may have suggestions please don't hesitate to respond. :confused:

BT

ASP.NET State Service - Disable_ No dependencies
Provides support for out-of-process session states for ASP.NET. If this service is stopped, out-of-process requests will not be processed. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start.
Path to Executable: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_state.exe

Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) -Disable
Would this have anything to do with my internet not loading right a way?

clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32  Disabled
Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN v2.0.50727_X86
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorsvw.exe

NetMsmqActivator
Net.Msmq Listener Adapter
Receives activation requests over the net.msmq and msmq.formatname protocols and passes them to the Windows Process Activation Service.
"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\SMSvcHost.exe" -NetMsmqActivator

NetPipeActivator
Net.Pipe Listener Adapter
Receives activation requests over the net.pipe protocol and passes them to the Windows Process Activation Service.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\SMSvcHost.exe

NetTcpActivator
Net.Tcp Listener Adapter
Receives activation requests over the net.tcp protocol and passes them to the Windows Process Activation Service.

NetTcpPortSharing
Net.Tcp Port Sharing Service
Provides ability to share TCP ports over the net.tcp protocol.

Netlogon-Manual (Shouln't this be automatic?)
Dependencies: Workstation
Maintains a secure channel between this computer and the domain controller for authenticating users and services. If this service is stopped, the computer may not authenticate users and services and the domain controller cannot register DNS records. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start.
C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe

napagent- Manual
Network Access Protection Agent
Dependencies: RPC

Netman-Manual
Network Connections
Dependencies: Network Store Interface Service; RPC; Internet Connection sharing

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

None of the things you mention are going to stop you from connecting.   If it's a new router and the old one worked fine then I expect the router is at fault.  Is this DSL or Cable?  What is the make and model of the router.  What version of Windows are you using?  Is this wireless or wired?  If wireless have you tried wired?

Go to http://www.speedtest.net/ and click on Begin Test

When the Test finishes click on Share This Result and then select Forum then Copy then move to a reply and Ctrl + v

You might try changing the DNS servers to 8.8.8.8 and 4.2.2.1  sometimes that will help with connections.

bigtrucks

bigtrucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Hey RKinner, Thanks for replying.  Its a router from my cable company Brighthouse.My router took a dive and I thought it may be good to rent one from them. Wrong . I could go a far distance outside with my Belkin before it croaked (Lights would flash intermittently. Was told it was on it's way out) over a 100 ft. Theirs only goes 50 ft. I keep getting conflicting reasons/excuses as to why/what is going on from them(BH).

You might try changing the DNS servers to 8.8.8.8 and 4.2.2.1  sometimes that will help with connections.

How do I go about doing that?

Could my memory cards cause this if they were going bad? Just asking.

32 bit Vista

cable

Motorola SBG6580FC

I'm wired now and still have the same issues

It hasn't been this high in weeks. But the videos still stink for viewing.

3470487189.png

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP
Its a router from my cable company Brighthouse.

I need to know the make and model number.  Turn it over and look for a label.  Is there a separate cable modem or is this an all in one?

What PC is this and what operating system.

How do I go about doing that?

Assuming you have Windows 7 since you didn't say.  Follow the steps on http://www.opennicpr...s-in-windows-7/ until you get to step 5.  Then instead of doing the Advanced just check the Use the Following DNS Server Addresses and fill in 8.8.8.8. for the top box and 4.2.2.1 for the second box then OK.  IF it makes things worse you can put it back by just checking Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically and OK.

bigtrucks

bigtrucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

I'm sorry I didn't put your questions in quotes and give my answer after. They are all in my reply.

Is this DSL or Cable?

cable

What is the make and model of the router.

Motorola - SBG6580FC

What version of Windows are you using?

32 bit- Vista- IE9 For Windows Vista

Is this wireless or wired?  If wireless have you tried wired?

Yes It was/is. - Yes, I'm wired now and still have the same issues

Hope I answered your questions. And no, I don't have Windows 7, but wouldn't mind having one. A fixed income only allows for so much.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

Vista and Win 7 are essentially the same as far as setting the DNS server so see if you can do that.

Get the free version of Speccy:

http://www.filehippo...download_speccy  (Look in the upper right for the Download
Latest Version button  - Do NOT press the large Start Download button on the upper left!)  Download, Save and Install it.  Run Speccy.  When it finishes (the little icon in the bottom left will stop moving), File, Save as Text File,  (to your desktop) note the name it gives. OK.  Open the file in notepad and delete the line that gives the serial number of your Operating System.  (It will be near the top about 10 lines down.) Attach the file to your next post.

Copy the next two lines:

netstat -es > \junk.txt  
notepad \junk.txt

Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and Run as Administrator, Continue.  Right click and Paste or Edit then Paste and the copied lines should appear.
Hit Enter if notepad does not open.  Copy and paste the text from notepad into a reply.  Close notepad.  Close the Command Window.

Get Process Explorer

Save it to your desktop then run it (Vista or Win7 - right click and Run As Administrator).  

View, Select Column, check Verified Signer, OK
Options, Verify Image Signatures

Click twice on the CPU column header  to sort things by CPU usage with the big hitters at the top.  

Wait a full minute then:

File, Save As, Save.  Open the file Procexp.txt on your desktop and copy and paste the text to a reply.

bigtrucks

bigtrucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Not sure if it really made a big difference after changing the DNS. Isn't really going any faster on the

loading of the pages and the musical videos I watched on YouTube play clean through with no freezing

but got pixeling. But on the Facebook video It kept freezing but no pixeling. It didn't make it worst but it didn't make it better.

bigtrucks

bigtrucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Interface Statistics

Received            Sent

Bytes                     310816676        31987303
Unicast packets              244048          142329
Non-unicast packets           47899           28545
Discards                          0               0
Errors                            0               0
Unknown protocols                 0

IPv4 Statistics

Packets Received                   = 98288
  Received Header Errors             = 0
  Received Address Errors            = 1
  Datagrams Forwarded                = 0
  Unknown Protocols Received         = 0
  Received Packets Discarded         = 74
  Received Packets Delivered         = 139291
  Output Requests                    = 92835
  Routing Discards                   = 0
  Discarded Output Packets           = 2546
  Output Packet No Route             = 2
  Reassembly Required                = 0
  Reassembly Successful              = 0
  Reassembly Failures                = 0
  Datagrams Successfully Fragmented  = 0
  Datagrams Failing Fragmentation    = 0
  Fragments Created                  = 0

IPv6 Statistics

Packets Received                   = 0
  Received Header Errors             = 0
  Received Address Errors            = 0
  Datagrams Forwarded                = 0
  Unknown Protocols Received         = 0
  Received Packets Discarded         = 0
  Received Packets Delivered         = 128
  Output Requests                    = 134
  Routing Discards                   = 0
  Discarded Output Packets           = 0
  Output Packet No Route             = 0
  Reassembly Required                = 0
  Reassembly Successful              = 0
  Reassembly Failures                = 0
  Datagrams Successfully Fragmented  = 0
  Datagrams Failing Fragmentation    = 0
  Fragments Created                  = 0

ICMPv4 Statistics

Received    Sent
  Messages                  1135        1141      
  Errors                    0           0         
  Destination Unreachable   1134        1140      
  Time Exceeded             0           0         
  Parameter Problems        0           0         
  Source Quenches           0           0         
  Redirects                 0           0         
  Echo Replies              1           0         
  Echos                     0           1         
  Timestamps                0           0         
  Timestamp Replies         0           0         
  Address Masks             0           0         
  Address Mask Replies      0           0         
  Router Solicitations      0           0         
  Router Advertisements     0           0         

ICMPv6 Statistics

Received    Sent
  Messages                  0           0         
  Errors                    0           0         
  Destination Unreachable   0           0         
  Packet Too Big            0           0         
  Time Exceeded             0           0         
  Parameter Problems        0           0         
  Echos                     0           0         
  Echo Replies              0           0         
  MLD Queries               0           0         
  MLD Reports               0           0         
  MLD Dones                 0           0         
  Router Solicitations      0           0         
  Router Advertisements     0           0         
  Neighbor Solicitations    0           0         
  Neighbor Advertisements   0           0         
  Redirects                 0           0         
  Router Renumberings       0           0         

TCP Statistics for IPv4

Active Opens                        = 1076
  Passive Opens                       = 5
  Failed Connection Attempts          = 10
  Reset Connections                   = 93
  Current Connections                 = 9
  Segments Received                   = 112925
  Segments Sent                       = 80429
  Segments Retransmitted              = 884

TCP Statistics for IPv6

Active Opens                        = 0
  Passive Opens                       = 0
  Failed Connection Attempts          = 0
  Reset Connections                   = 0
  Current Connections                 = 0
  Segments Received                   = 0
  Segments Sent                       = 0
  Segments Retransmitted              = 0

UDP Statistics for IPv4

Datagrams Received    = 20854
  No Ports              = 38
  Receive Errors        = 35
  Datagrams Sent        = 9666

UDP Statistics for IPv6

Datagrams Received    = 198
  No Ports              = 0
  Receive Errors        = 0
  Datagrams Sent        = 128

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP
CPU
Intel Celeron 900 @ 2.20GHz 70 °C

It's running too hot.  A hot PC is a slow PC as the CPU will slow down to protect itself.  Make sure the PC is on a hard surface and keep it away from direct sunlight or other sources of heat.  A soft surface will block the air vents.  What usually happens is the heatsink fins get clogged with dirt.  Getting to them to clean them is sometimes a real pain.  If you search on Google with your PC's part number you will probably find a Youtube video on how to take it apart.  Generally this is not a job for a novice tho.  A laptop cooler tray might help.   Big Lots usually has some for about $10. 

Try speedfan

Download, save and Install it (Win 7 or Vista right click and Run As Admin.) then run it.

It will tell you your temps.  If they seem hot (over 50) then check Automatic Fan Speed.
Leave it running and see if the temps drop. 
Also prop up the back of the laptop with a book (don't block the vents).  This will improve heat flow.

Uninstall Speccy now as you do not need it any more.

Let's make sure you don't have too much using the CPU:

Get Process Explorer

Save it to your desktop then run it (Vista or Win7 - right click and Run As Administrator).  

View, Select Column, check Verified Signer, OK
Options, Verify Image Signatures

Click twice on the CPU column header  to sort things by CPU usage with the big hitters at the top.  

Wait a full minute then:

File, Save As, Save.  Open the file Procexp.txt on your desktop and copy and paste the text to a reply.

bigtrucks

bigtrucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Process    CPU    Private Bytes    Working Set    PID    Description    Company Name    Verified Signer
armsvc.exe        2,056 K    3,368 K    952    Adobe Acrobat Update Service    Adobe Systems Incorporated    (Verified) Adobe Systems
audiodg.exe        18,052 K    19,628 K    1276    Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation     Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
avgcsrvx.exe        12,936 K    320 K    3256    AVG Scanning Core Module - Server Part    AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.    (A certificate was explicitly revoked by its issuer) AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.
avgemcx.exe        2,996 K    6,032 K    2104    AVG E-mail Scanner    AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.    (A certificate was explicitly revoked by its issuer) AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.
avgnsx.exe        8,100 K    924 K    2084    AVG Online Shield Service    AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.    (A certificate was explicitly revoked by its issuer) AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.
CFSvcs.exe        2,192 K    1,312 K    1444    Service of ConfigFree.    TOSHIBA CORPORATION    (No signature was present in the subject) TOSHIBA CORPORATION
GoogleCrashHandler.exe        2,344 K    844 K    2976    Google Crash Handler    Google Inc.    (Verified) Google Inc
hpwuschd2.exe        856 K    2,888 K    3252    hpwuSchd Application    Hewlett-Packard    (Verified) Hewlett-Packard Company
IAAnotif.exe        2,872 K    5,916 K    3800    Event Monitor User Notification Tool    Intel Corporation    (Verified) Intel Corporation
IAANTmon.exe        2,948 K    5,612 K    2824    RAID Monitor    Intel Corporation    (Verified) Intel Corporation
igfxext.exe        1,004 K    3,956 K    5024    igfxext Module    Intel Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher
jusched.exe        1,072 K    3,624 K    3984    Java™ Update Scheduler    Oracle Corporation    (Verified) Oracle America
mDNSResponder.exe        1,444 K    4,276 K    1400    Bonjour Service    Apple Inc.    (Verified) Apple Inc.
PresentationFontCache.exe        14,064 K    12,240 K    892    PresentationFontCache.exe    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
realsched.exe        1,576 K    268 K    3488    RealNetworks Scheduler    RealNetworks, Inc.    (Verified) RealNetworks
rndlresolversvc.exe        936 K    3,224 K    972            (Verified) RealNetworks
RtHDVCpl.exe        9,320 K    8,268 K    3920    HD Audio Control Panel    Realtek Semiconductor    (Verified) Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher
SLsvc.exe        5,440 K    10,052 K    1320    Microsoft Software Licensing Service    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
smss.exe        252 K    728 K    440    Windows Session Manager    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
sua.exe        884 K    3,088 K    460    Secunia Update Agent    Secunia    (Verified) Secunia
svchost.exe        1,900 K    4,784 K    1300    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe        3,912 K    7,328 K    836    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe        876 K    3,108 K    1820    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe        816 K    2,864 K    1948    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe        2,120 K    5,280 K    1988    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe        4,468 K    7,240 K    2408    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe        556 K    2,260 K    2680    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe        1,500 K    15,720 K    3564    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe        9,796 K    13,188 K    1780    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe        3,252 K    6,584 K    840    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe        18,296 K    13,572 K    1100    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe        24,592 K    24,296 K    1496    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
SynTPHelper.exe        668 K    2,620 K    3264    Synaptics Pointing Device Helper    Synaptics, Inc.    (Verified) Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher
taskeng.exe        1,532 K    4,872 K    3704    Task Scheduler Engine    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
taskeng.exe        1,944 K    5,752 K    2100    Task Scheduler Engine    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
TCrdMain.exe        6,112 K    10,164 K    3008    TOSHIBA Flash Cards    TOSHIBA Corporation    (No signature was present in the subject) TOSHIBA Corporation
TosCoSrv.exe        1,408 K    3,492 K    2528    TOSHIBA Power Saver    TOSHIBA Corporation    (Verified) TOSHIBA CORPORATION
TosIPCSrv.exe        724 K    2,584 K    2560    TosIPCSrv.exe    TOSHIBA Corporation    (No signature was present in the subject) TOSHIBA Corporation
TPwrMain.exe        3,520 K    5,980 K    2516    TOSHIBA Power Saver    TOSHIBA Corporation    (Verified) TOSHIBA CORPORATION
ULCDRSvr.exe        376 K    1,596 K    2604    ULCDRSvr    Ulead Systems, Inc.    (No signature was present in the subject) Ulead Systems, Inc.
UMVPFSrv.exe        1,892 K    3,076 K    1192    Logitech User mode UMVPF service    Logitech Inc.    (Verified) Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher
unsecapp.exe        2,220 K    4,760 K    4424    Sink to receive asynchronous callbacks for WMI client application    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
wininit.exe        1,184 K    3,904 K    560    Windows Start-Up Application    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
winlogon.exe        1,904 K    5,572 K    620    Windows Logon Application    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
WLIDSVC.EXE        6,304 K    10,784 K    2700    Microsoft® Windows Live ID Service    Microsoft Corp.    (Verified) Microsoft Corporation
WLIDSVCM.EXE        852 K    2,736 K    2904    Microsoft® Windows Live ID Service Monitor    Microsoft Corp.    (Verified) Microsoft Corporation
WmiPrvSE.exe        7,520 K    12,856 K    828    WMI Provider Host    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
Interrupts    < 0.01    0 K    0 K    n/a    Hardware Interrupts and DPCs        
TODDSrv.exe    < 0.01    2,072 K    3,516 K    2508    TDCSrv Application    TOSHIBA Corporation    (Verified) TOSHIBA CORPORATION
spoolsv.exe    < 0.01    6,836 K    11,828 K    1716    Spooler SubSystem App    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
ToshibaServiceStation.exe    < 0.01    29,192 K    43,868 K    3024    TOSHIBA Service Station    TOSHIBA Corporation    (Verified) TOSHIBA CORPORATION
TNaviSrv.exe    < 0.01    876 K    3,028 K    2440    TOSHIBA Navi Support Service    TOSHIBA Corporation    (Verified) TOSHIBA CORPORATION
SDWinSec.exe    < 0.01    5,808 K    9,512 K    2868    Spybot-S&D Security Center integration    Safer Networking Ltd.    (Verified) Safer Networking Ltd.
avgchsvx.exe    < 0.01    35,152 K    288 K    3156    AVG Cache Server    AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.    (A certificate was explicitly revoked by its issuer) AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.
SynTPEnh.exe    < 0.01    6,904 K    12,896 K    2272    Synaptics TouchPad Enhancements    Synaptics, Inc.    (Verified) Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher
taskeng.exe    < 0.01    9,688 K    10,784 K    3076    Task Scheduler Engine    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
LWS.exe    < 0.01    4,396 K    11,328 K    3568    Logitech Webcam Software    Logitech Inc.    (Verified) Logitech
svchost.exe    < 0.01    64,536 K    67,840 K    1152    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
TMachInfo.exe    < 0.01    19,948 K    22,000 K    4364    TSS TMachInfo Service    TOSHIBA Corporation    (Verified) TOSHIBA CORPORATION
avgrsx.exe    < 0.01    952 K    484 K    3148    AVG Resident Shield Service    AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.    (A certificate was explicitly revoked by its issuer) AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.
SASCORE.EXE    < 0.01    872 K    2,988 K    852    Core Service    SUPERAntiSpyware.com    (Certificate expired) SUPERAntiSpyware.com
svchost.exe    < 0.01    9,440 K    15,080 K    1340    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
services.exe    < 0.01    2,500 K    7,000 K    648    Services and Controller app    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
SearchIndexer.exe    < 0.01    40,940 K    19,016 K    2752    Microsoft Windows Search Indexer    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe    < 0.01    4,188 K    6,688 K    3612    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
csrss.exe    < 0.01    1,852 K    6,264 K    516    Client Server Runtime Process    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
AppleMobileDeviceService.exe    < 0.01    3,688 K    8,184 K    1112    MobileDeviceService    Apple Inc.    (Verified) Apple Inc.
avgtray.exe    < 0.01    5,124 K    2,148 K    1424    AVG Tray Monitor    AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.    (Verified) AVG Technologies CZ
c2c_service.exe    < 0.01    2,804 K    5,184 K    2356    Skype C2C Service    Skype Technologies S.A.    (Verified) Skype Technologies SA
firefox.exe    < 0.01    230,472 K    254,116 K    3028    Firefox    Mozilla Corporation    (Verified) Mozilla Corporation
avgwdsvc.exe    < 0.01    9,396 K    18,616 K    1216    AVG Watchdog Service    AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.    (A certificate was explicitly revoked by its issuer) AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.
wmpnetwk.exe    < 0.01    4,284 K    8,552 K    3916    Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
hkcmd.exe    < 0.01    1,596 K    4,920 K    3056    hkcmd Module    Intel Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher
csrss.exe    < 0.01    3,000 K    8,956 K    568    Client Server Runtime Process    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
WmiPrvSE.exe    < 0.01    14,312 K    19,960 K    4492    WMI Provider Host    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe    < 0.01    3,544 K    6,640 K    940    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
recordingmanager.exe    < 0.01    2,140 K    7,348 K    4140    RealDownloader    RealNetworks, Inc.    (Verified) RealNetworks
lsass.exe    < 0.01    3,044 K    1,624 K    664    Local Security Authority Process    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe    < 0.01    83,456 K    93,812 K    1168    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
SmartDefrag.exe    < 0.01    23,336 K    31,312 K    644    Smart Defrag v3    IObit    (Verified) IObit Information Technology
igfxsrvc.exe    < 0.01    1,544 K    4,896 K    4832    igfxsrvc Module    Intel Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher
System    < 0.01    0 K    210,708 K    4            
dwm.exe    < 0.01    37,664 K    54,604 K    2180    Desktop Window Manager    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
AVGIDSMonitor.exe    < 0.01    1,516 K    5,124 K    5648            (A certificate was explicitly revoked by its issuer)
sidebar.exe    < 0.01    43,932 K    41,060 K    1652    Windows Sidebar    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
AVGIDSAgent.exe    1.49    24,028 K    19,620 K    3364    AVG Identity Protection Service    AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.    (A certificate was explicitly revoked by its issuer) AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.
explorer.exe    1.49    36,196 K    54,208 K    3728    Windows Explorer    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
lsm.exe    1.49    1,872 K    4,008 K    672    Local Session Manager Service    Microsoft Corporation    (Verified) Microsoft Windows
procexp.exe    8.96    22,840 K    34,492 K    4624    Sysinternals Process Explorer    Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com    (Verified) Microsoft Corporation
System Idle Process    86.57    0 K    24 K    0           

Advertisements

bigtrucks

bigtrucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Temp with Auto on and a small oscillating fan(in still motion)pointing right at the CPU side With a cooling fan under the laptop; HD-44c  Temp1-(fluctuating) 67-66c  Core-59-57c

bigtrucks

bigtrucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
What usually happens is the heatsink fins get clogged with dirt.

Is there anything else that may cause it to over heat?

Generally this is not a job for a novice tho.

I Googled and watched. It's not that complicated to take apart just sooooo many parts and I don't have the right tools for it. Sure I could probably find something close to what they use. I'd rather have a tech do it or just get a notebook while I took this one apart just in case I have screws left over.

A laptop cooler tray might help

Have one but I don't think it's powerful enough.

While trying to watch the video  I checked the temp and it went way up to 90c but yet the top of the lappy feels cool not hot ?? Why is that?

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

Process Explorer does not show any process hogging the CPU.  90 is way too high.  Like you say it's not impossible with the right tools.  Having screws left over is a distinct possibility.  Best to take digital pictures and label the screws as you remove them.  Don't trust your memory.  Some appear the same but are just a tad longer or bigger.  If you don't feel comfortable doing it then let a pro do it.

fazeel084

fazeel084

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Before you start digging any deeper, let's eliminate any network connectivity problems. The easiest way is to use the link below:
http://www.netscan.co/ there is a single button you need to press to start the tests...
The Connectivity Checker will perform a series of network tests for modern Web Services like WebSockets and WebRTC. A unique url will be created with the results which you can then share with an expert or share here and we'll hopefully understand what is your problem or then we'll start digging deeper!)

bigtrucks

bigtrucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Thanks fazeel084. Here's the results from the net scans.

http://www.netscan.co/r/fzqEM