Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My 610 Geforce Nvidea Grphx chipset is no longer detectable on my lapt

Hardware

• Please log in to reply

cjmoore11

cjmoore11

• Pip
  • 4 posts

About 3 days ago all of my games started crashing for no reason on my laptop. I quickly discovered that the system was using the Basic Intel graphics card and no longer registers that I even have an Nvidea 610 Chipset. I had my friend who is a systems manager take a look at it and he told me to take it to someone who knows somthing about hardwars. Oh also for some reason all the new drivers I try to install for my card seem to fail on installation no matter what. Please help! Im so bored without my games. I have an Acer Aspire 7739G, Intel Core i5, Running on Windows 7.

Edited by cjmoore11, 24 May 2014 - 12:41 PM.

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Could be a setting in the BIOS, but check this page out i saw http://forums.mydigi...hp/t-29978.html

cjmoore11

cjmoore11

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

So that helped but did not solve the problem... only the last part of that thread helped me and it made the driver and device detectble on my system however now whenever i try to update or install a driver for it whether its from the internet or on my own computer it fails and tells me that access is denied?

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Any yellow exclamation marks in the Device manager under display and sound,video and game controllers ?

These drivers one is 64bit  http://www.nvidia.co...spx/75992/en-us

32bit http://www.nvidia.co...spx/75994/en-us

Your specs on look-up showed a different graphics card but these are the same for this video card too

When you install these drivers choose custom install and perform a clean install by checking the box, below the drivers listed to install.

Edited by jds63, 27 May 2014 - 04:20 PM.

cjmoore11

cjmoore11

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Just another Failure

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

did you change anything on this laptop recently, or was it all original ?

Cause you said you had an (basic) integrated intel chip.

Sounds as though you added this NVIDIA.

If so try taking it out and putting it back in.

cjmoore11

cjmoore11

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I'm just going to have to back all my data up and do a system restore. The Nvidea Chipset came with the laptop and was working fine a week ago I made no changes. It just switched to the Intel and refuses to use the Nvidea one. Thanks for all the ideas but I think a system restore is all I have left to try.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts

The notebook has switchable graphics jd, the i5s integrated Nehalem GPU and the MBs dedicated GT 610M add on chip. 

cjmoore11, try a system restore point that is before the issue happened;

To use System Restore

Before you start System Restore, save any open files and close all programs. System Restore will restart your PC.

1. Open System Restore by clicking the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818. In the search box, type System Restore, and then, in the list of results, click System Restore18abb370-ac1e-4b6b-b663-e028a75bf05b_48. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  2. Follow the steps in the wizard to choose a restore point and restore your computer.

For more information, see System Restore: frequently asked questions.

55e6d542-0b53-4a5f-ab70-9ce8734e2bde_0.jSystem Restore in Windows 7 can prevent hours of troubleshooting headaches after a crash.

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

O.K. TY,Phill

Learn something new everyday here :D  not too familiar with Laptops.

System restore points are always good to make. Now windows 8.1 has reset and resfresh.

Then if this does not work a system recovery is a last resort. Bringing the Laptop back to factory settings.

Edited by jds63, 29 May 2014 - 04:13 PM.