Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 User accounts issues

Windows 7 User accounts admin privacy

• Please log in to reply

HelpMeHelpYou

HelpMeHelpYou

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Hello all of you computer Geeks! :)

I have a small problem,

I am running Windows 7 with 2 user accounts. one Admin User, & one Personal User.

I made both User accounts the Admin User can do anything. The Personal User is Limited (Meaning not allowed to Change things)

Somehow FoxTab was recently added to my Personal User account.  I know this can be done because i did this just the other day, I need to know how to Run Revo Uninstaller on the Personal User account. Technically i just need to know the Command Prompt for Revo. So i can Uninstall that Foxtab crap!

But also, Shouldn't i be able to right click a program and hit Run as Admin and this work??

Any help would be awesome!

Thank you in advance

Adam

Advertisements

Naathim

Naathim

GeekU Minion

• Expert
  • 4,568 posts
If I understand you correctly, just run Revo from the limited account, but with right-click and run as administrator, type in admin's password and Revo should have elevated privileges.

Cheers,
Naat :)

HelpMeHelpYou

HelpMeHelpYou

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Limited User account will not Install or open programs/downloads. Nor will it except me right clicking and running as Admin.  There is no password on my Admin account. The other day i found on the internet a command prompt that would allow me to open Revo but iv deleted my history since that and now i can't find it again....grrr. 

HelpMeHelpYou

HelpMeHelpYou

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Sorry im trying to figure out a way to word this better so people understand what im talking about.

I have 2 User Accounts Neither of them have passwords only difference is (Personal User Account) Does not have Privileges Like the (Admin Account) Has.

For some reason even with me Right Clicking a Program and Clicking Run As Administrator. I get a Error Message saying "This program is blocked by group policy. for more information, Contact your system administrator"

HelpMeHelpYou

HelpMeHelpYou

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

I just added Admin rights to my other User account sorry for the Topic.

Thanks Naathim for your input

CLOSED

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

I suspect not having a password on the Administrator account is what prevented you from running as Administrator from the non-privileged account.

I vaguely remember reading something about that awhile ago.

HelpMeHelpYou

HelpMeHelpYou

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Seriously?! Wow i will have to look into that. I have never heard of this before. Thank you Ztruker

Edited by HelpMeHelpYou, 03 August 2014 - 05:17 PM.

[email protected]

[email protected]

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello all of you computer Geeks! :)

I have a small problem,

I am running Windows 7 with 2 user accounts. one Admin User, & one Personal User.

I made both User accounts the Admin User can do anything. The Personal User is Limited (Meaning not allowed to Change things)

Somehow FoxTab was recently added to my Personal User account.  I know this can be done because i did this just the other day, I need to know how to Run Revo Uninstaller on the Personal User account. Technically i just need to know the Command Prompt for Revo. So i can Uninstall that Foxtab crap!

But also, Shouldn't i be able to right click a program and hit Run as Admin and this work??

Any help would be awesome!

Thank you in advance

Adam

[email protected]

[email protected]

• Pip
  • 2 posts

hi adam, I'm dyk

banowsky

banowsky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Limited User account can't uninstall software. When you right click a program and hit Run as Admin in limited user account, system will ask you to input administrator name and password.