Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No servers on server lists

gaming networking

• Please log in to reply

CaidanV

CaidanV

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I built my own PC and when I try and play some games on steam (the main gaming site) any game where I have a list of servers to join, no servers appear, I can look on the internet for a server IP and directly connect when the game allows it. One game I bought recently doesnt have a list of servers just a 'play' button, but this is the only case where this doesnt work and i cant find a game. (This game is called minimum). It doesnt seem like an internet connection problem as my internet isnt bad and I even have it connected by an ethernet cable. I have tried steam support but they are useless, and I dont think the problem is on their side anyway. Some of these games include DayZ Chivalry and Garys Mod. 
Thanks in advance

Advertisements

Xeni

Xeni

• PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Hi!

I know that there are problems with routers, which have SPI(Stateful Packet Inspection) activated, and Steam. If your router uses SPI, you could try to disable it in your router settings.

Your firewall could disturb Steam as well, you can try these steps, provided by Valve.

Xeni

CaidanV

CaidanV

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Ive tried disabling my firewall altogether and it still doesn't work so that shouldn't be the problem, how do i access my router settings?

Xeni

Xeni

• PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

In your browser in the address bar you have to go to one of the following IPs(I don't know your exact router):

The exact IP should be displayed on the back of the router as well.
Then you have to login and search for SPI.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts

do you know what router you have?  Also what games are you trying to play?