Well I tell you what, My OS startup time is noticeably faster and after I disabled the unneeded processes that were turned back on through these steps, programs like my web browser are running a tick smoother. Must of removed a bunch of spyware, thanks for that.
I'm glad we did some good
Ccleaner drive wipe must just stop if the drive is clean, that has to be the case. I just wish Piriform had a clear yes or no answer to this on there help page.
Wish I could help you there, but, I don't know the tool that well. Some Helpers here adore it and others don't. I'm not a big fan of Registry Cleaners as there are other ways to acheive a better result. If you are using ccleaner to Clean your Registry, there's a better chance that it will cause problems rather than fix them. By way of example, part of the OTL fix that I did for you are things that ccleaner is "supposed" to do. On the other hand, if you're looking to clean up Temp files, then TFC will do it (here) without touching your Registry.
I did notice 2 fragmented files and one fragmented folder when I run defrag, I wish I could fix that some how.
You can chase fragmented files for a long time and still not defrag everything. Sometimes it's like chasing shadows.
BTW, you know that a fragmented file is not a broken, damaged or useless file, just a file that is in two or more pieces on the HD rather than in contiguous space. If you had hundreds or more, I'd chase that, but two? You'll never notice a speed difference with two.
Besides that I'm good I guess.
Well, not quite I just wanted to see how things are at your end before I head into the final cleanup. You'll be surprised at what MBAM and ESET will do to for a final clean of your system. Also, I will removed all my diagnostic and repair tools in the final step, but feel free to hang on to MBAM and ESET and use them every once in a while.
Scan with Security Check
Please download Security Check by Screen317 and save it to your desktop.
- Right-click on icon and select Run as Administrator to start the tool.
- Follow onscreen instructions inside the black box. This scan won't take long.
- Soon a notepad document called checkup.txt will open automaticaly.
Please include the content of that document.
We'll search for some remnants that might be hiding.
- Install the progam and select update
- Once it has updated select Settings > Detection and Protection >Tick Scan for rootkits
- Go back to the Dashboard and select Scan Now
- If threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button, MBAM will ask for a reboot
- On completion of the scan (or after the reboot) select View Detailed Log
Select Export > Select text file and save to the desktop.
Please post that log for my review.
Scan with ESET Online Scanner
This step can only be done using Internet Explorer
, Google Chrome
or Mozilla Firefox
Temporary disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware protection - instructions here
Please visit ESET Online Scanner
Click there Run ESET Online Scanner
If using Internet Explorer
- Allow the running of add-on.
If using Mozilla Firefox
or Google Chrome
To perform the scan
- Download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe that you'll be given link to.
- Double click esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe.
- Make sure that Remove found threats is unchecked.
- Scan archives is checked.
- In Advanced Settings: Scan for potentially unwanted applications, Scan for potentially unsafe applications and Enable Anti-Stealth technology are checked.
- Click Start
- The program will begin to download it's virus database. The speed may vary depending on your Internet connection.
- When completed, the program will begin to scan. This may take several hours. Please, be patient.
- Do not do anything on your machine as it may interrupt the scan.
- When the scan is done, click Finish.
- A logfile will be created at C:\Program Files (x86)\ESET\ESET Online Scanner. Open it using Notepad.
Please include this logfile in your next reply.
Don't forget to re-enable previously switched-off protection software!