Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen Error Code d1 (Resolved)

blue screen error code crash

• Please log in to reply

bainyyyy

bainyyyy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

It was downloaded to a thumb drive, the laptop has no disk drive. And the uninstalling of avg and stopping slim drivers hasn't made much difference I'm afraid. Not had a blue screen (yet) but the jitteryness is still as bad as ever - trying to change file type from open office to docx. every time i save a file is an utter nightmare as whenever I click on the dropdown box, the drop-down menu flashes quickly then disappears; have to do it 8 or 10 times until the drop down box displays correctly.

Have a good day tomorrow 

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
It was downloaded to a thumb drive,

From where was it downloaded.

• Please download WVCheck by Artellos from one of the mirrors below;

Artellos.com (exe)
    Artellos.com (zip)

• After the download, run WVCheck.exe
  • As indicated by the prompt, This program can take a while depending on your hard drive space.
  • Once the program is done, copy the contents of the notepad file as a reply.

And the uninstalling of avg and stopping slim drivers hasn't made much difference I'm afraid. Not had a blue screen (yet) 

Any BSOD since uninstalling AVG and disabling Slim Drivers.

bainyyyy

bainyyyy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Windows Validation Check
Version: 1.9.12.5
Log Created On: 2300_23-10-2014
-----------------------

Windows Information
-----------------------
Windows Version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 
Windows Mode: Normal
Systemroot Path: C:\Windows

WVCheck's Auto Update Check
-----------------------
Auto-Update Option: Download updates automatically, but ask me when I want to install them.
-----------------------
Last Success Time for Update Detection: 2014-10-23 19:59:15
Last Success Time for Update Download: 2014-10-16 23:27:27
Last Success Time for Update Installation: 2014-10-17 00:03:12

WVCheck's Registry Check Check
-----------------------
Antiwpa: Not Found
-----------------------
Chew7Hale: Not Found
-----------------------

WVCheck's File Dump
-----------------------
C:\Windows\System32\slwga.dll
Size: 14336 bytes
Creation; 21/11/2010 3:23:48
Modification; 21/11/2010 3:23:48
MD5; 19f75d71e4256f5113d64ce2bb66b838
Matched: slwga.dll
-----------------------
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\slwga.dll
-----------------------
C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-security-spp-wga_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_5d778f71b9f4fd55\slwga.dll
Size: 15360 bytes
Creation; 21/11/2010 3:24:21
Modification; 21/11/2010 3:24:21
MD5; b6d6886149573278cba6abd44c4317f5
-----------------------
C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-security-spp-wga_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_0158f3ee01978c1f\slwga.dll
-----------------------

WVCheck's Dir Dump
-----------------------
WVCheck found no known bad directories.

WVCheck's Missing File Check
-----------------------
WVCheck found no missing Windows files.

WVCheck's HOSTS File Check
-----------------------
WVCheck found no bad lines in the hosts file.

WVCheck's MD5 Check
EXPERIMENTAL!!
-----------------------
user32.dll - 5e0db2d8b2750543cd2ebb9ea8e6cdd3

-------- End of File, program close at 2308_23-10-2014 --------

I was given the version of Windows 7 by a relative who said they had an extra copy of their license.

No BSOD yet, however for the first time, the laptop froze today while I was browsing. Just completely froze. I restarted using the power button after ten minutes of unresponsiveness. 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Have you activated Windows on your computer using your own unique Windows Key, the following rings alarm bells;

I was given the version of Windows 7 by a relative who said they had an extra copy of their license.

bainyyyy

bainyyyy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Yes, it is fully validated, Windows is genuine 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
With your next update can you let us know from where you obtained your ISO (MS store/download etc) 

From where was it downloaded.

Can you answer this for us.

There is no question that the software is not genuine it is the licence key that you have used that I am worried about, giving away/selling licenced product user keys is a potential minefield, you have said that a relative had an extra copy of their licence, what type of product licence key do they have that allows them to do this, the MS family pack for example allows the same product key to be used up to 3 times under the proviso that all three computers are within the same household as in all under the same roof/permanent resident at the same address, details here

bainyyyy

bainyyyy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

So it bluesceened a few moments ago. I had lots of programs open, but surprisingly, this time the blue screen randomly happened (first of its kind). I didn't try and use a flash application by watching some sort of video i was just browsing through a word document and it crashed.

STOP code 0x0000003B (0x00000000C0000005, 0xFFFFF8800169456B, 0xFFFFF880098BC550, 0x0000000000000001)

So after speaking to my uncle, he purchased five copies of ultimate product keys for his business from Microsoft. Turns out in the end they only needed four copies. The iso was on a usb that he used to install on the office computers (downloaded direct from Microsoft) he gave me the USB, and the product code, and I installed it.

Sorry that this keeps dragging on - I wish it was fixed also aha.

I also like to try and educate myself so I can help others with such issues if I need to. Could you explain to me why licensed product keys are a minefield? I know in terms of the legal context, but I specifically mean in this situation in relation to my problem. 

Also, still no idea on how I can get a verifier_enabled_minidump?

Have a great week.

Best,

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

In all honesty I think that you would be best to download your own ISO and do a fresh install using the product key that you have had passed onto you, before you do anything further though use the PIDChecker to make sure that you have not been given the wrong product key by mistake, see here

I know in terms of the legal context, but I specifically mean in this situation in relation to my problem. 

The word "minefield" may appear melodramatic but you would be surprised at the amount of people who are unaware or just don`t care about reusing product keys and/or using or distributing cracked software, your OS appears sound but I do feel that you have a better chance of resolving this with downloading your own ISO and doing a fresh install, no inference is intended btw but giving away £140/$200 product keys isnt exactly a common occurrence you must admit and why purchase 5 different product keys for a business when it would be easier and the norm to purchase a VLK (Volume Licence user Key)

bainyyyy

bainyyyy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

So the results of Pid check out  (see below)

Product Key     : XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
Validity     : Valid
Product ID     : XXXXX-065-1031097-86393
Activation ID     : a0cde89c-3304-4157-b61c-c8ad785d1fad
Edition Type     : Ultimate
Description     : Windows 7 Ultimate Retail
Edition ID     : X15-39004
Key Type     : Retail
Crypto ID     : 172

I used a belarc advisor check, and something i did notice was "Boot Mode: UEFI with Secure Boot disabled"

Should this be enabled?

"your OS appears sound but I do feel that you have a better chance of resolving this with downloading your own ISO and doing a fresh install"

I'll do that, I'm downloading now. Would the product key still work however as I've now already activated it? And why would  a fresh install might fix the issue. Are the stop codes not of any use?

Thanks again,

Edited by phillpower2, 28 October 2014 - 02:25 AM.
Product key removed for security.

bainyyyy

bainyyyy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Another crash, last two elements of stop code a little different

STOP code 0x0000003B (0x00000000C0000005, 0xFFFFF8800169456B, 0xFFFFF880091C3550, 0x0000000000000000)

Please uninstall the program, then use the following free tool to provide that the troublesome sptd.sys driver is deleted from your system

Sorry what program? And what tool?

Advertisements

bainyyyy

bainyyyy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

SO I downloaded ISO, ran it, 'upgraded' my version through the software. About 4 hours later it was complete, reactivated windows with my key etc. At first everything seemed well, i can now switch windows all the time using tab and the windows button or tab and alt easily, different windows now 'come-to-front' whenever i click or using keyboard shortcuts to switch to them. No more jittery windows, not responding windows, its marvelous. I think it was something to do with my cpu management as I've currently got about 15 windows open , only 20% memory capacity but CPU usage is down at 2-3% whereas before with this many windows open CPU usage would sporadically very from about 40-70% no idea why but glad that's sorted.

However, as I went on to BBC iplayer, it unfortunately blue-screened again. The window issue is still resolved though as when I restarted I opened loads of windows again and its still running smoothly.

Its incredibly frustrating that this issue is still here considering everything else is now sorted. Here's the details of the blue screen

0x0000003B (0x00000000c0000005, 0xFFFFF880016B6F92, 0xFFFFF8800956E610, 0x0000000000000000)

tcip.sys - Address FFFFF880016B6F92 base at FFFFF880161F000

Any help would be- well there's no terms i can use, I'd just be really really happy.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

I think it was something to do with my cpu management as I've currently got about 15 windows open , only 20% memory capacity but CPU usage is down at 2-3% whereas before with this many windows open CPU usage would sporadically very from about 40-70% no idea why but glad that's sorted.

Simple answer is that the previous ISO was either not good for your computer or it had not installed correctly for whatever reason.

At last we make some progress, the previous issue has been resolved by downloading and installing from your own fresh ISO, the present tcip.sys issue is unrelated and is possibly caused by a network device driver conflict or AV protection issue.

For now please do not install any old or new software or change any hardware settings.

Can you tell us if you have installed any other software apart from Windows (AV protection, Firewall etc) if yes let us know what.

Has Windows been fully updated since the fresh install.

Once Windows had been installed did you then install the HP drivers and starting with the chipset drivers first, the latter is very important because if you don't install the chipset drivers first the other drivers will not install correctly, some may not install at all.

Tip

If you have something to add while waiting for a reply use the edit tab – bottom right of the dialogue input box and this will ensure that no information that you provide is overlooked (this can happen if your topic has more than one page)  

bainyyyy

bainyyyy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
All the software I had remained when I upgraded through the iso so all the drivers etc remained

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Can you tell us if you have installed any other software apart from Windows (AV protection, Firewall etc) if yes let us know what.

Has Windows been fully updated since the fresh install.

bainyyyy

bainyyyy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Hi,

sorry for the super late reply.

It wasn't updated before, but it has been now. Everything seems to be working perfectly.

I'll monitor it for another couple of weeks before closing the topic.

Thanks for all your help.