Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to speed up the laptop?

laptops speed windows 7 asus

• Please log in to reply

siddharthgomathinayagam

siddharthgomathinayagam

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Hello to everyone i have very little knowledge about the laptops may be only the basic stuffs and i would love to now how to speed up the laptop,,any replies would be very helpful!!!!

Advertisements

mikes2014

mikes2014

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Hi There,

There is loads of ways to speed up laptops,some people get more ram(random access memory),then there is few other things you can do you can uninstall all the basic software you dont need,Go to Control panel,Program and Features and remove what you dont need.

Also if you know bit bout computer press windows key and R, type in msconfig then go to startup and turn off what you dont need this will increase your speed of laptop but be very carefull if you dont know what your doing stay away from msconfig,if you google it there plenty of information out there on it.

Also i would reckon defragging your hard drive do it when you get a chance will take ages to do depending on what operating system you have.Go local C Drive ,Right click Properties,Tools,Defrag this will take quite along time to do but will speed up laptop.

Hope i helped!

siddharthgomathinayagam

siddharthgomathinayagam

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Thank you for yor answers and yes it helped a lot,as i have come to know about speeding up laptops.but what i want is my i dont want my laptop to lag and it should work without any big lags...and i am very basic in laptop knowledge so anyhting basic would also help and i am keen on learning new ways of speeding up laptops....