Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Script errors on IE

• Please log in to reply

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
What happens when you try to install them? Any error message or code? If so, which ones?

Advertisements

swetnich

swetnich

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

code 9c59

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Alright, install every other Recommended Updates (Optional ones). Leave out Intel Corporation - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2 - Intel® HD Graphics and Internet Explorer 10 and 11. Once done, restart your computer and try to install Internet Explorer 10. If it doesn't work, I'll make you install the prerequisite manually.

swetnich

swetnich

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

ok it installed I doubled checked and it says IE 10, still getting script errors

Edited by swetnich, 24 January 2015 - 06:26 PM.

swetnich

swetnich

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Not really sure this is anything but on 2 separate occasions as the computer was restarting after downloads a screen pinkish I believe would flash and all I could see is "hes dead Jim" I think it flashes so fast...kind of odd

swetnich

swetnich

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

I know that you are probably away from the computer sorry for all the posts. I installed the update for ie11 the same as ie 10 and it worked. but still getting script errors.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Alright at least you got Internet Explorer 11 installed, which is good. If you can, please copy/paste the next 3-4 script errors you get and post them here, so I can try to identify a pattern between them. Also, list the websites on which these errors are happening. It could be malware related to be honest but I can't assume that yet.

swetnich

swetnich

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

pretty much any page I go on it pops up. but the ones I got on to test it out were juno.com and grow financial and on here.  I cant copy and paste them not sure how.

Message from webpage:

an error has occurred in this dialog

error:20

access is denied

Script Error: juno

an error has occurred in the script of this page

Line 1

Char 9

error: expected

code 0

do you want to continure

Script Error:grow

an error has occurred in the script of this page

line 1

char 1

error: syntax error

code 0

Script Error: geeks to go

An error has occurred in the script of this page

line 1

char 24875

error: unable to get property "getname" of undefined or null reference

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
All unrelated, you're right. Let's do two things. First, can you go back in Safe Mode with Networking and tell me if you still get the script errors? And secondly, can you go in the Control Panel, click on Network and Internet and then Internet Options. From there, go in the Programs tab and click on Manage Add-on. From there, make sure that the drop down menu shows All add-ons, take a screenshot of what you see (you might have to scroll down and take a few screenshots) and post them here. Do the same but this time select Run without permission in the drop down menu. You'll end up with quite a few screenshots.

How to take a screenshot using the Snipping Tool
Follow the instructions below to take a screenshot using Windows' Snipping Tool:
  • Press on the Win Key + R to open the Run box;
  • Enter SnippingTool and press on Enter;
  • The Snipping Tool will open, asking you to choose the area to take in the screenshot;
  • Left click on the area where you want to start the screenshot, keep it, and drag the cursor across the screen;
  • Once done, release the left button to take the screenshot;
  • In the editing window, click on the File menu then Save As;
  • Save the screenshot in a folder that you can access easily;
  • Once done, attach that screenshot to your next reply;

swetnich

swetnich

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

it doesnt give me script errors in safe mode. I saved the snap shots but it will not let me paste them onto here. I have to do some running around I will be back later and see what I can do . thank you

Advertisements

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
If you want, you can put them all in a folder, archive it (compress it) then upload the archive to ge.tt and I'll download it. Its good then, it means that a certain program, most likely a add-on is causing this.

swetnich

swetnich

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

archive to ge.tt what is that

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Right-click on the folder where you'll put all the screenshots in, then select Send to and then Compressed archive (.zip). Then go on the website "ge.tt" and upload your archive there BG clicking in the big Upload button. Once done, copy and paste here the webpage link.

swetnich

swetnich

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

http://ge.tt/3kQFnF92/v/0?c

let me know if I did that right???

Edited by swetnich, 25 January 2015 - 01:56 PM.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Alright, can you uninstall the following programs and let me know if you get more script errors:
  • Adobe Flash Player 16 ActiveX;
  • Adobe Flash Player 16 NPAPI;
  • Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer;
  • Java 7 Update 71;