Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell E521 won't enter BIOS

E521 BIOS

• Please log in to reply

nextx

nextx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hello. Well the issue is not resolved but I'm out of ideas. I did manage to get a replacement motherboard for £20 and the aim is to install that within the next month. If this thread needs to be closed then please go ahead. Cheers!

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

GTG tech topics are not closed, all that we ask is that they are either updated or concluded and not left hanging  ;)

Please keep us advised on any progress and any questions along the way let us know  :thumbsup:

nextx

nextx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

A little update. Motherboard has been replaced, therefore BIOS chip etc has been replaced. I still can't get into BIOS! I'm beginning to think this is maybe a flaky PSU that isn't stable enough or something to supply the needed power for the BIOS chip (or something along those lines).

The good thing is that the Diskette 0 seek failure error has now gone.

When I regain sanity, I am going to detach everything again (apart from system fan) and leave a single stick of original RAM in there, and see what happens. If it still won't go to BIOS I can only conclude it is indeed some oddity with PSU and I'm not going to buy a new one so things will just remain as they are :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

When I regain sanity, I am going to detach everything again (apart from system fan) and leave a single stick of original RAM in there, and see what happens. If it still won't go to BIOS I can only conclude it is indeed some oddity with PSU and I'm not going to buy a new one so things will just remain as they are :)

That is the steps that I would suggest  :thumbsup:

Not sure on the PSU being the cause though and suspect a change of the original hardware configuration, good news that you have gotten rid of the annoying Diskette 0 seek failure message  :)

Keep us posted.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Not heard from you for a while nextx, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.