Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2010 - Operation failed due to an installation problem

outlook 2010 outlook 2010 error installation

• Please log in to reply

venetic

venetic

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Hello,

I was trying to export my contacts from my Outlook 2010 so I can import them into my new gmail account. I got the following message when trying to export them into a csv file: "Microsoft Office Outlook cannot start the required translator. This feature is not currently installed. Would you like to install it now?"

I clicked yes and it rebooted my computer. Now Outlook won't open and it gives me the following error: "The operation failed due to an installation problem. Restart Outlook and try again. If the problem persists, reinstall."

I tried restarting, it gives me the same error. I tried repairing, it doesn't do anything. I cannot lose my emails and my contacts that are in Outlook so I'm scared to reinstall it and lose them. Please help.

Thank you,

Christie

Advertisements