Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

stuttering video

• Please log in to reply

jones082

jones082

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Device is Realtek High Definition Audio Device.  I updated and it says that I have the latest version. No enhancements are checked, I tried the windows suggestion, no difference.

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Can be tricky sometimes find the source of problem, can be some other hardwares drivers or settings causing this issue. Look here to see other items in Sound Properties try to disable, look for NVIDIA not ATI/AMD cause your video is NVIDIA instead. I thought i did recall you having only VGA connection to monitor, but if have a HDMI can cause issues as it carries audio also.

Latency which i do not know well another way try to figure issues.

You should uninstall the sound drivers completely before any reinstall in case of even corruption.Check also the settings of the Realtek Audio Manager control panel located in control panel of Windows.

http://helpdeskgeek....tek-sound-card/

Edited by jds63, 29 June 2015 - 09:00 PM.

jones082

jones082

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Thanks, but none of that seems to have worked.

I am due for a new computer. I might try to reinstall Windows, or just invest in a new tower.

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Sorry as this is hard to pinpoint this type of issue as many reasons can happen. Windows 7 is a flawless OS. Seem to see this issue a lot with people who have Realtek Sound devices.If do go route of new system, try Creative for sound as i rarely ever had an issue with them.