Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Major performance drop on new pc

Custom gaming performance drop

• Please log in to reply

Dyzerio

Dyzerio

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok so to start off my build is the following
Msi z97 pc mate
I3 4160
Asus 960 gtx
212 evo cpu fan
8gb of g skill Ram
128ssd for system
1tb hdd for games
Seasonic s12ii power supply
Windows 10 home

So I assembled the computer yesterday and had everything working by 9pm, flu was idling at high 20's and low 30's and the gpu idled about 10 above that. I played cs go left for dead 1 and cs source, all ran smonthly but the next morning I got up turned on my pc and noticed significant decrease in performance. Luckily I ran the cs source stress test before sleeping and clocked in at 292 fps today I'm hitting 116.5 fps. My computer was left on overnight installing more games but it runs silent and cool so that shouldn't be a problem so any suggestions?

Advertisements