Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems

Best Answer phillpower2 , 18 September 2015 - 12:51 PM

Your update #44 suggests that the problem lays with the first PCI-E slot on the MB, if the board is still under warranty RMA it and be sure to explain that after testing with the same hardware the... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts
✓  Best Answer

Your update #44 suggests that the problem lays with the first PCI-E slot on the MB, if the board is still under warranty RMA it and be sure to explain that after testing with the same hardware the issue only happens when the GPU is in the first PCI-E slot.

Disregard the driver booster information, such programmes are at best a gimmick and at worst a costly waste of your time and financial resources.

Tip

If you have something to add while waiting for a reply use the edit tab – bottom right of the dialogue input box and this will ensure that no information that you provide is overlooked (this can happen if your topic has more than one page)  

Advertisements

Tranquill

Tranquill

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Your update #44 suggests that the problem lays with the first PCI-E slot on the MB, if the board is still under warranty RMA it and be sure to explain that after testing with the same hardware the issue only happens when the GPU is in the first PCI-E slot.

Disregard the driver booster information, such programmes are at best a gimmick and at worst a costly waste of your time and financial resources.

Tip

If you have something to add while waiting for a reply use the edit tab – bottom right of the dialogue input box and this will ensure that no information that you provide is overlooked (this can happen if your topic has more than one page)  

Ok, thank you for your very detailed and thorough help in this matter. I'll be sure to recommend this site to everyone.

About your tip, i'll make sure to do so, just like in my last post. If you were implying to my double posting i sometimes do it when there is a big time gap between the two posts, just to make sure you will take a special notice of it in case you don't bother or simply forget to check the time - if it was annoying to you, i apologize.

Have a nice evening.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts

You are most welcome Tranquill and thank you for your kind words  :)

RE: The edit tip, not annoying at all so need for any apology, as mentioned posts can sometimes be overlooked if one reply is on a previous page and a following one on the next, i have been unusually busy here so there has been a delay between replies, depending on the time zone I am normally able to reply on the same day as a members last post.

NB: Please let us know if you do RMA the board and how it works out  :thumbsup: