Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

still no internet after W10 reinstallation

* * * - - 1 votes

Best Answer Ztruker , 20 October 2015 - 03:29 PM

You will need to connect to your router/modem tio setup a wireless network. Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

rigs

rigs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

ok, here are the logs............

if it's a malware, why it didn't affected the adapter in W8.1?

thank you

Attached Files

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

What is this:  ChrisPC Free Anonymous Proxy 5.80 (HKLM-x32\...\{6006089C-84B5-4F18-8113-D96792AED0DE}_is1) (Version:  - Chris P.C. srl)

Uninstall it and see if any difference.

Also might want to get rid of these or at least disable for testing:

Driver Booster 3.0 (HKLM-x32\...\Driver Booster_is1) (Version: 3.0 - IObit)

Surfing Protection (HKLM-x32\...\IObit Surfing Protection_is1) (Version: 1.2 - IObit)

Any IObit software

Actually, try using Clean Boot to see if you can identify the cause of the problem:

Difference between Safe Mode Clean Boot State in Windows

dbreeze

dbreeze

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,216 posts

ok, here are the logs............

if it's a malware, why it didn't affected the adapter in W8.1?

thank you

Do you mean the other machine or this one (when it was running Win8.1)? 

I did not see any malware but there are some questionable programs / settings / leftovers on the system. 

Were you running a proxy when the upgrade to Win10 happened?

Did you run a system check first to see if the system was compatible with Win10 as it was running at that time?

dbreeze

dbreeze

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,216 posts

Did you run PrivaZer on this system after the Win10 upgrade?  (Perhaps this is on a schedule to run every so often?)

If so, does it make an automatic backup of the removed items?  If yes, can you restore the last changes and test the system?

rigs

rigs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Ok, I did everything you suggested but my problem is still here.

no, I have not run privazer after upgrade.

What I meant was that if there was malware in my system it did not show before upgrading to W10.  I have installed and uninstalled W10 three times and every time the network adapter does work in W8.1, not in W10.  My other desktop was running W7.

I wasn't running a proxy when installing W10(all three times).  I removed all the proxies and vpn programs prior to installing W10.  

I did run a system check up when it asked by Microsoft's “reserve your copy of W10” notice. My system passed.  I also went to dell.com and my system was listed as W10 compatible.  Now, if there's another system check up tool.  Please, send me the link so I can downgrade to W8.1(while I still can) and recheck my system.

How can I delete all those “questionable programs / settings / leftovers on the system” that you found.  Maybe, one of those is blocking the adapter.

Lastly, I'm tired and frustrated.  I may just have to wait until Microsoft comes out with a fix.  In looking for a solution for my problem.  I noticed that I'm not the only one with network problems.

thank you

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Your network card, Realtek PCI GBE Family Controller has had a lot of problems with Windows 10.

Try the driver from here: Realtek Software Drivers and Utilities. It's newer than the one you currently have installed.

Win10 Auto Installation Program (SID:1763459) 10.003 2015/10/30 9498k Global

Could also try the diagnostic:

Windows Diagnostic Program for Win10 2.0.2.11 2015/10/6 5622k Global

dbreeze

dbreeze

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,216 posts

Let us take this one change at a time.  After seeing if the driver @Ztruker linked to in post #21 changes the situation, we will clean up the leftovers (none should be bad enough to block the network at all).

rigs

rigs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

ok, I will try the driver update, as soon as possible.  I'm disabled and still having health issues.  I have to be in bed rest for at least another day. 

thank you for your patience and understanding

dbreeze

dbreeze

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,216 posts

Not a problem; hope you are better soon.

Just let us know whenever you need help / are ready to continue.

rigs

rigs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Hello,

sorry that it took over a day to get back to my problem.......

once again, thank you for your patience

ok, last night, I installed the new driver but unfortunately it did not solve my problem.

I ran the realtek Ethernet diagnostic but unless l have a connection it did not give me any info.

Man, I was really hoping that upgrading the driver was to going to solve my problem.

I know that you said that you didn't see any malware in my system. I remember that in my other desktop, when it was running vist5a. I had a similar problem and the culprit was malware. I don't know, just a thought.

thank you

Advertisements

britechguy

britechguy

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

I realize this is not "a true fix" for your problem, but it is a very inexpensive work-around:  get yourself a nano/micro wireless N dongle.

I've used these things on a number of laptops that ended up with dead WiFi or just to upgrade older machines to faster wireless networking in a cost effective way.

You can pick these things up online (e.g. this one or either of these two [1 & 2] at Walmart.com) for next to nothing and they are generally "plug n' play" on most Win7 and later and Linux systems.

Sometimes if speed is of the essence while trying to resolve the root problem a good work-around is a lifesaver.

rigs

rigs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Thank you, britechguy, for your suggestion........

if I don't get my problem fix. I may have to go that route until I solve my problem.

I do have a question, though. Do these adapters run using realtek drivers. The reason I ask is because I tried installing a wifi adapter but it came with a realtek usb driver. Needless to say, it also did not work.

britechguy

britechguy

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Generally you don't have to install any driver (yourself, anyway) since the chipsets used on most of these adapters are recognized by Windows (or other OS) and it automatically downloads and installs the necessary driver based on the chipset used by that adapter.

You'd either have to dig in to the specific chipset a given adapter uses or get your adapter(s) from a source that will take them back if they don't work for you.  

I'm having difficulty understanding what might be at work here since it sounds like you're having issues not only with your internal WiFi but also the same thing with USB adapters, too.  I just plugged in a wireless adapter that's normally resident on another computer on this laptop, which so happens to have a Realtek chipset, and had to do absolutely nothing for the driver to be installed.  After it was plugged in all I had to do was go to the WiFi Settings and do the necessary "connect" steps for my home network so that this adapter has the correct WPA password:

Wifi2.jpg

Here are the device properties for that adapter from Device Manager:

Realtek_Device_Properties.jpg

It appears that Windows 10 does a simple sequential numbering scheme as additional WiFi adapters are added.

rigs

rigs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

dude,

while waiting for your reply I tinkered with the adapter settings.  I unchecked "anvisoft intrusion detection system" in the ethernet and wifi properties and my internet connection started.  however, only at 10mbps, where as before was running at 100mbps.  how important  is that "anvisoft" line?  can it be left unchecked?

thank you

Image 2.jpg

Edited by rigs, 10 November 2015 - 08:24 PM.

rigs

rigs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

well, it looks like I'm gonna have to postpone solving my problem.  because of my health issues, I have to have surgery next week.  so, I'm going to be in bed rest for at least three weeks(hopefully not).  I'm thinking of downgrading to W8.1 before my 30 days are up.  who knows, maybe when I reinstall W10 in three weeks(hopefully sooner) microsoft might have a fix for my problem.

thanks to all that posted helping suggestions.  you are appreciated.........