Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Acer laptop stalls on boot

Acer Windows7 Boot

• Please log in to reply

Goteyedeas

Goteyedeas

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Iv got an Acer laptop that's a few years old running Windows 7 64bit. The computer no longer boots, it just goes black screen right after the first picture. Launching the recovery option gives the same end. When I press alt+f10 it gets stuck on the second picture.I already tried installing a new copy of Windows but again it froze, that's the third picture. Stuck right after the language selection screen.
Thats about the extent of my knowledge on i, but I really want to get this thing running so any help or ideas for fixing it would be appreciated.IMG_20151206_110003.jpg IMG_20151206_111516.jpg IMG_20151206_111926.jpg

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

:welcome:   Goteyedeas,

Possibly a bad HDD so I suggest that be checked first using one of the tools at the link below.

If possible select the tool that is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive http://www.tacktech....ay.cfm?ttid=287 if unsure use Seatools for Dos as it works well with many other brands;

Depending on the program it will create a bootable floppy or a bootable DVD/CD.

If the downloaded file is the .iso type use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn the .iso file to a DVD/CD disk depending on your OS (select "Write image file to disc" option) and make the disk bootable.

RE ImgBurn: please use the custom install and uncheck the attached foistware such as "Install Entrusted Toolbar etc

Let us know how it goes.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Not heard back from you goteyedeas,do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.