Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Old Graphics Card, Nvidia Drivers & Dota 2 (Resolved).

dota 2 nvidia driver dota2

Best Answer phillpower2 , 24 April 2016 - 10:34 AM

Debug session time: Sun Apr 24 00:16:00.085 2016 (UTC - 4:00) System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:27.921 ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analys... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Toombs

Toombs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
maybe enabling the xmp profile automatically changed the voltage because i dont mess around with stuff i dont know and aren't interested with since i never over clock but i do have factory over clocked parts. 
my noctua's are set with Ultra-Low-Noise Adaptors. For the thermal paste its 4-5 years old lol, also used 60% isopropyl alcohol to clean it off. i have 4 fans connected to the mobo most of them have Ultra-Low-Noise Adaptor  and one with pwm.

the settings in bios looks right but in windows the voltages goes up to 1.7+V lol

20160426_171230bbb.jpg
20160426_171403bbb.jpg

Edited by Toombs, 26 April 2016 - 01:39 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Have you restored the failsafe default values for your MB in the BIOS as suggested.

Can you post a couple of pictures of the cooling fan settings/speed/s, the voltages and the temperatures as reported in the BIOS

From your reply #27;

Last time i replaced my cpu's thermal paste was a month or two even did my gpu's as well with my old arctic mx-4 (do thermal paste have expiry dates? lol)

Indeed they do and such products are also covered by warranty (2 yrs quite common) mx-4 was not one of the best from Arctic and if you read the first page of the thread here you will see what I mean.

also used 60% isopropyl alcohol to clean it off

90 or 99% would have been more appropriate, it is not expensive when compared to the cost of a CPU, what I use here

i have 4 fans connected to the mobo most of them have Ultra-Low-Noise Adaptor  and one with pwm.

Apart from the 4 pin CPU fan header on your MB there is also a 4 pin chassis fan header to which you should have at least one fan connected to so that you can manually adjust it yourself, the Noctua NF-P12 fans that you mention are only 3 pin and so cannot be manually controlled, this is why you are only seeing one cooling fan speed in HWMonitor and Speedfan.

Toombs

Toombs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Loaded the default settings. 

20160426_210156bbb.jpg

20160426_212721.jpg

sp_hwm.png

was gonna give thermal grizzly kryonaut a go but it was out of stock at my usual store. 

Edited by Toombs, 26 April 2016 - 05:34 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Things have improved as the CPU temps and usage have both dropped which are both good.

Try disabling Q-Fan Control in the BIOS to see if the CPU fan speed increases and the temps drop further.

was gonna give thermal grizzly kryonaut a go but it was out of stock at my usual store

Stick with an Arctic Silver product and use the correct method to apply the compound, you will find the "how to" here

Toombs

Toombs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

thanks, will do. Might dust of my arctic silver 5 when i have the time to clean it again.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Try disabling Q-Fan Control in the BIOS to see if the CPU fan speed increases and the temps drop further.

Have you done this and if so what happened.

Might dust of my arctic silver 5 when i have the time to clean it again.

If an old tube, get rid of the gunk in the nozzle first.

Toombs

Toombs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

it was disabled by default i just tried it if it would increase the fan speed 753rpm seems to be the limit lol

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Odd as your screen shot in reply #33 shows it to be enabled and in Turbo mode  :headscratch:

I would replace the cooler and fan asap.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Not heard back from you Toombs, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.

Toombs

Toombs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

sorry about that, any who I replaced my cooler (raijintek themis), fan (raijintek themis stock fan) and thermal paste (noctua nt-h1) and still no luck even bought a 99.8% isopropyl alcohol solution. might go back to windows 7 to check if its a windows 10 problem. I even tried different ways to apply the thermal paste; pea, rice grain, cross, line with no luck.

Edited by Toombs, 07 May 2016 - 01:14 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Can you post a couple of new HWMonitor and Speedfan screenshots for us please.

Toombs

Toombs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Weird in bios the temps are decent. I stopped using my phantek's case fan hub and just plugged them into their respected place.

20160509_145951bbb.jpg

Untitled.png

Untitled23.png

Edited by Toombs, 08 May 2016 - 11:17 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Cant see the +12V reading in the BIOS, can I ask what it is reading when checked.

Better fan information now available to you and nice to see the CPU fan doing its job.

How is the computer behaving now.

Do you have a small desktop fan that you could point into the insides of the case (with the side removed of course) this to see if it lowers the AUXTIN temp which I suspect is the Southbridge. 

Toombs

Toombs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

12V   [12.362V]

now idle its CPU 56-59 and AUX 55 (with an artic breeze pro cooling it). maybe its time for an upgrade lol.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
How is the computer behaving now.

Any crashes or other problems at all.

maybe its time for an upgrade lol.

I wouldn't say so, the AUXTIN reading could be anomalous and if you are not having any further problems I wouldn't worry about it.