Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet slow, almost unresponsive, please help, needed for work

• Please log in to reply

truder

truder

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Good morning,

My internet has become slow, almost to the point of being unresponsive. Any site I go to just shows it is continuously loading. It's not my internet as I have other devices running smoothly. Any help, suggestions or guidance on how to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated

Thank you,

Truder

Advertisements

TammyGarza

TammyGarza

• Pip
  • 8 posts

1.    Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
2.    Type the following command: ipconfig /flushdns.

Wait till it finishes
Try this if that can fix the issue
If it does, let us know

truder

truder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Hello. Thank you for assisting me. I tried above as you describe and saw no change :(. Are there more option we can try?

Thank you

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Hello truder,

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here,  this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

truder

truder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Hello truder,

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here,  this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

Hello.

I believe below is what you are looking for.  If not, please let me know.

Thank you,

Operating System
    Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP2
CPU
    Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8400 @ 2.26GHz    72 °C
    Penryn 45nm Technology
RAM
    4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 398MHz (6-6-6-18)
Motherboard
    Compal 30F4 (CPU)    79 °C
Graphics
    Generic PnP Monitor (1680x1050@60Hz)
    512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT (HP)
Storage
    298GB TOSHIBA MK3252GSX ATA Device (SATA)    35 °C
Optical Drives
    TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633L ATA Device
Audio
    IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Sorry but not what we need truder, please see the attachment below which shows how to copy/paste your Speccy url once the report has been generated;

truder

truder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Sorry but not what we need truder, please see the attachment below which shows how to copy/paste your Speccy url once the report has been generated;

Hello... Do you just need the url as i listed below?

Thanks,

http://speccy.pirifo...oiqtfVBDz0QbvNX

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
That`s it thanks  :thumbsup:

Speccy looks pretty much ok but there are a couple of things that I suggest that you change, one will hopefully resolve the internet issue and the others keep your computer more secure and reduce wear and tear on the hard drive, see items that I have highlighted in red and advised on in blue;

Scheduler
10/4/2016 3:43 AM;: SafeZone scheduled Autoupdate 1460717518 This is an Avast browser plug in that could be affecting your internet, you may not even know that it is installed, uninstall it using the Avast guide here.
10/4/2016 3:27 PM;: HP Health Check
Adobe Acrobat Update Task Other than Windows and your AV protection nothing should be allowed to auto update, this avoids unwanted/unstable updates being installed
Razer_Game_Booster_AutoUpdate As above and to expand some, check for updates manually and never update anything unless it is to address a known issue or add a new feature to a program.
SmartDefrag3_Startup Defragging a HDD to often subjects the drive to unecassary stress and wear and tear that will shorten the life of the drive and over doing it can
SmartDefrag3_Update actually cause the fragmentation that you think that you are keeping in check, once every couple of months is fine for the average user.
SmartDefrag_Startup
Windows Codec Update Service

NB: Are you aware that Windows needs to be updated.

Sort out the above then post back with an update for us please.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Not heard back from you truder, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.

truder

truder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Sorry, haven't yet tried to resolve my issue. I hope to within the next few days. I live on GA coast and have been dealing with this hurricane aftermath Hopefully I'll be able to check soon.

Thank you,

Truder

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

No problem and thank you for taking time out to get back to us  :thumbsup:

Fingers crossed that the storms soon depart and not cause any more misery for folk.

truder

truder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Good Morning,

I uninstalled safezone browser and removed the auto on smartdegrag.  I can't locate the adobe or the game booster you mention above.  Can you help me find them?

Also, whenever i try to update windows it gives me error messages...suggestions?

Thanks again for all your help.

Truder

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Hello truder,

Try CCleaner (free) to locate and remove game booster but hold off on Adobe and post back and let us know what is found first please, CCleaner from here please make sure that you do not go anywhere the registry cleaner aspect of CCleaner.

Can you let us know what the error messages said regarding the Windows updates.

truder

truder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Good evening.  I ran CC cleaner.  I also looked at my error messages and it states I tried to update on 09/06 and it failed.  I then looked at update history and I show a bunch of faiils.  Below are 2 of the updates that failed.  I also can't listen/watch any videos on u-tube...it just continuously tries to load.  Not sure if that will help you with anything.

Thanks,

Truder

Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in

Installation date: ‎9/‎6/‎2016 10:39 PM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 80246007

Update type: Important

Microsoft Office File Validation is a security add-in for Office 2003 and 2007.  Office File Validation is used to validate that Binary File Format files conform to the Microsoft Office File Format. The user will be notified of possible security risks if files fail to conform to the format.

More information:
http://support.micro....com/kb/2501584

Help and Support:
http://www.microsoft.com

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 for Windows Vista x64-based Systems (KB2901983)

Installation date: ‎8/‎11/‎2016 1:08 PM

Error details: Code 643

Update type: Recommended

The Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 is a highly compatible, in-place update to the .NET Framework 4, 4.5 and 4.5.1. By using the .NET Framework 4.5.2 together with the C# or Visual Basic programming languages, you can write Windows Store apps. The .NET Framework 4.5.2 delivers better performance, reliability, and security than previous versions. After you install this update, you may have to restart your computer.

More information:
http://support.micro....com/kb/2901983

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Good evening.  I ran CC cleaner.  I also looked at my error messages and it states I tried to update on 09/06 and it failed.  I then looked at update history and I show a bunch of faiils.  Below are 2 of the updates that failed.  I also can't listen/watch any videos on u-tube...it just continuously tries to load.  Not sure if that will help you with anything.

Thanks,

Truder

Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in

Installation date: ‎9/‎6/‎2016 10:39 PM

Error details: Code 80246007

Update type: Important

Microsoft Office File Validation is a security add-in for Office 2003 and 2007.  Office File Validation is used to validate that Binary File Format files conform to the Microsoft Office File Format. The user will be notified of possible security risks if files fail to conform to the format.

More information:
http://support.micro....com/kb/2501584

Help and Support:
http://www.microsoft.com

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 for Windows Vista x64-based Systems (KB2901983)

Installation date: ‎8/‎11/‎2016 1:08 PM

Error details: Code 643

Update type: Recommended

The Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 is a highly compatible, in-place update to the .NET Framework 4, 4.5 and 4.5.1. By using the .NET Framework 4.5.2 together with the C# or Visual Basic programming languages, you can write Windows Store apps. The .NET Framework 4.5.2 delivers better performance, reliability, and security than previous versions. After you install this update, you may have to restart your computer.

More information:
http://support.micro....com/kb/2901983

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

Can you do the following for us first please truder;

Download and save the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 (Offline Installer) from here

Select the "To install later" option, choose the Save button. (The computer does not have to be connected to the Internet.)

Restart the computer in Safe Mode only (no networking).

Install NET Framework 4.5.2

Restart the computer as you would normally, test and see if your MS products will now update then get back to us.