Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Send credit card info via email

credit card email

• Please log in to reply

wayneman50

wayneman50

• PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Hi:
Yes, I know you shouldn't send credit card information via email. A tour company in the Czech Republic needs my credit card information and does not have a secure site.Here's my idea: I have three different email accounts - one is Verizon, one is Google mail, and one is my work account. Suppose I broke up the information and sent it from the three different accounts? Would that be safe?  BTW, my work account offers a secure sending function. The only catch here is that someone within my corporation could see what I sent, although it would only be part of my card info. Besides, it's a hospital chain, and someone who could access emails could probably also access patient accounts with SSN's, birthdates, etc.

Thanks.

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

I would be inclined not to send any sensitive information by email...

Why not phone them with the info?

Regards

paws

wayneman50

wayneman50

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

ok thanks. I guess that's all then.

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher