Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 8 issue

windows8 windows8activation win8activataionissues

• Please log in to reply

Dave_83

Dave_83

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Hi there,

On my laptop, since few months, am getting the Active Windows on my Windows 8 OS (attached screenshot). This Windows OS 8 was installed with the laptop I brought few years back, and now every time it is asking for activation, not sure why. Could I please know if there is any solution for it? Thank you for the help, appreciate it.

Attached Thumbnails

• windows 8 issue.jpg

Edited by Dave_83, 29 March 2017 - 08:07 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts
Is this the same computer as in your thread here if yes, as you were not given the all clear of malware by the expert you may still have a problem that we cannot help you with on these forums and you may need to return there.

For now, can we take a look at what Windows says about your activation;

1. Hold down the "Win+F" on the keyboard into the search dialog box. 
2. Enter cmd in the dialog box and press Enter on the keyboard. 
3. In the new pop-up dialog box, enter slmgr/xpr

4. You should get a pop up box like the example of mine below, grab a screenshot and attach it to your next reply for us.

To capture and post a screenshot;

Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... Click on the More Reply Options tab then after typing in any response you have... click on Choose File...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on Attach This File...on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts

Not heard back from you Dave_83, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.

Dave_83

Dave_83

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Not heard back from you Dave_83, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.

Hi Phill, 

Sorry, Got busy and couldn't reply.

You asked: "Is this the same computer as in your thread here if yes, as you were not given the all clear of malware by the expert you may still have a problem that we cannot help you with on these forums and you may need to return there." - NO, this is not the same laptop, this is a different one, which has Windows 8 in it.

I followed your instructions, please see attached screenshot. Thank you....awaiting as to what needs to be done further.

Attached Thumbnails

• slmgr-xpr - screenshot.jpg

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts

No worries, it`s not asking much for members to conclude their threads when assistance is no longer required but it is even more important to get signed off with malware related threads to remove the possibility of spreading any infection/s to other computers etc.

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here,  this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

For some reason your OS is shown to be in the grace (evaluation) period something that shouldnt be happening on a computer that has had the OS installed since as you explained "a few years back" try the suggestion made by FreeBooter and if no joy after that use the telephone activation procedure that I have copy/paste below;

To activate Windows 8.1 using the phone:

Select the Start button , enter PC settings, and then select PC settings from the list of results.
Select Activate Windows, and then select Contact customer support for help. Administrator permission required You may be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
Select your location (or the location nearest you) from the drop-down list, and then select Next.
Call one of the available phone numbers listed. An automated system will guide you through the activation process.

The above only takes a couple of minutes and should only cost the price of a local call.

NB: If phone activation doesn't work stay on the line and you should be transferred to a Microsoft Activation Team operator.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts

Shubham10200

Shubham10200

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello sir , anyone there to help me ?