Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iPhone 4 Cannot Delete Apps

iPhone 4

• Please log in to reply

OZDOUG

OZDOUG

• PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Hi,

Having some issues with my trusty iPhone 4 travel buddy....probably now so out of date anyway!

Basically I cannot delete any of the apps from my Home screens.

All I get when I hold down on the app icon is the usual wobbly display, but no little 'x' mark to show I can delete that app.

Doesn't seem to be an option to do this in iTunes either......that I can see just now....  

Any tips would be greatfully received!!

Advertisements

UnloosedCake

UnloosedCake

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but since the iPhone 4 hit its end of life date in late 2016, if there are no options in iTunes or on the phone itself to remove the apps and you can't fix it with a simple backup/restore, you may be out of luck.

Best wishes that you can keep your travel buddy working for as long as possible!

OZDOUG

OZDOUG

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Hi GeekU....thanks for the reply!

I actually got lucky & managed to get to the bottom of this prob, plus other issues I was having with the phone, & it all boiled don to it basically no longer being supported.....as you mentioned it is an 'old' phone.

- Max iOS update is 7.1.2, which is what I have now.

- Cannot upgrade FB Messenger as it requires a iOS of around v8.something, so have to do that through my browser.

- The deleting of apps is actually possible through iTunes....so that at least allowed me to clean up my 'home screens'!

At the end of the day my little buddy will be with me for a while longer, so all is OK for now  

Thanks again!