Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Opera browser

Opera disappointed child proof new tab search

• Please log in to reply

andythebeagle

andythebeagle

• Pip
  • 5 posts

I recently installed Opera because I've been having so many issues with Firefox hanging up and not responding.

I'm so disappointed with Opera.  It wants to be totally child proof and it refuses my attempts to open anything in a new tab.  I'm forced to copy the address and open a new tab manually before I can then paste the address in the address bar. 

There are times when I do a search that I'm not allowed to view my choices or go to a page in the result.  Some times it just refuses to allow the search by instantly shutting down the tab.  It won't allow me to buy pipe tobacco.

[bleep], I'm 72 and don't need monitoring.  Does anyone know how to change the Opera settings so I can have it do what I need?  Or am I just going to have to live with it when using Opera.

I also need to take Google out of Opera search and have it allow a different search engine on command.

Advertisements

Fiannati

Fiannati

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

You can use 3rd mouse button (press wheel) to open a link in the new tab. Opera is pretty fine nowadays, however if you are after speed I would suggest to use google chrome.

andythebeagle

andythebeagle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Just because you believe something does not make it true.  Opera will not allow opening in a new tab, regardless of how it attempted.  So therefore, my original question remains unanswered.  Suggestion to all, unless you can support your claim with documentation or example, don't make a claim.