Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

browser issue with win 10 upgrade

browswer win 10 upgrade

• Please log in to reply

gerry513

gerry513

• Pip
  • 1 posts

i have an asus laptop x540s it  currently has ver.1703 os build 15063.877 win ten home edition  . it has 4gb ram intel pentium cpu n3700 @1.60 GHz. 64 bit operating system no pen or touch.  it was not a very costly machine but was previously working ok. after i installed the fall update i had browser issues. a box would pop up (like the one that pops up with a right click) when i scrolled. it would be at various places on the scroll bar. also there was lag in scrolling and pages popping up at random.  malware bytes shows no problems nor does windows defender. as far as i can see all the drivers were ok.  i uninstalled the update and set the computer to metered connection BUT i am still getting update prompts.  i have been clicking remind me later but am afraid this will only go on for so long. i am not at all eager to reinstall and  if i am forced to how can i resolve what was a totally maddening browser issue in both chrome and firefox( I did not use ie or edge at all.) thanks. 

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot (11).png
  • Screenshot (1).png

Advertisements