Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unknown format file

word

Best Answer sbarrach , 26 February 2018 - 07:33 AM

What extension does the Word document have? Is it just .doc or .docx? Or is it .docm? If the files have the .doc or the .docx extensions, they should open in the mail app. You must have the Vault a... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

leslie773

leslie773

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all, I am new here. Glad to join the community!
There's a WORD file that I've been working on for month, most of which was written on my iPad Air 2. But since I have downloaded the lates iOS 11.1.6, i cannot open it. The file gives the following message: 'Unknown format file'. May I know has anyone got this error?

Appreciate any help here!

Advertisements

sbarrach

sbarrach

• Pip
  • 1 posts
✓  Best Answer

What extension does the Word document have? Is it just .doc or .docx? Or is it .docm? If the files have the .doc or the .docx extensions, they should open in the mail app. You must have the Vault app on your devices, do you not? I've also found the app. Upload to fix Word file Here a re-open it.