Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Login screen does not show box for input (Resolved).

- - - - -

Best Answer phillpower2 , 15 March 2018 - 11:27 AM

Glad to hear that the clean install went well and that you are now back up and running Windows 10   Two things that I would suggest. 1: Create new system restore points before reinstallin... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,794 posts

Yes boot from the USB ISO and for best results do a full clean install.

I suspect that this has been caused by a Windows update  :ranting:

Advertisements

Barbara W

Barbara W

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Okay, thanks.  I appreciate your trying so hard to fix this.  Have a good evening.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,794 posts

You are welcome and thanks  :)

Let us know how the clean install goes and any questions please ask away, good luck  :thumbsup:

Barbara W

Barbara W

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

It did install the newest version of Windows 10.  It looks strange having a clean desktop.  I've always had preloaded stuff there. It seems to be working fine.  I just need to get acquainted with the changes and download a bunch of programs and move my personal files back in.

Thank you again for your help and patience.  I would like to donate to you, but can't find how I do that.  Please let me know.

Thanks again.

Barbara

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,794 posts
✓  Best Answer

Glad to hear that the clean install went well and that you are now back up and running Windows 10  :thumbsup:

Two things that I would suggest. 1: Create new system restore points before reinstalling any of the programs and personal data. 2: Once you have everything running as you want it, create a back up image for any future emergency such as this.

Thank you for the kind thought but no donation is required on my behalf, you could if you so wish extend the gesture to GTG the info to which you will find here

You are welcome btw  :)