Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Various BSOD errors

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

krepandus

krepandus

• Pip
  • 3 posts

So, basically, for awhile now I've been experiencing various BSOD errors, to the point that i know them by heart. page_fault, kmode... all of them, and have been trying to battle it on and off with no special result. Even reinstalling my Windows a few months ago helped only for awhile, 2 weeks tops. I use a fairly new desktop PC, one year old, and I'm pretty sure the issue is not hardware related. I've already done Memtest which showed no issues and I recall checking my hard disk in the past as well and I think there were no issues as well. It often happens when I play certain videogames (oddly enough, never when I play Blizzard games), but it sometimes also happens on startup, or when I use, say, Photoshop or watch a video via VLAN. I remember updating my NVIDIA Video Card driver and it didn't help.

I always considered myself an intermediate computer user, but now I see that when it comes to troubleshooting real problems, I have no clue, so I would appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance!

Here's my dump analysis by WhoCrashed:

------------------------------------------------------------

Computer name: DESKTOP-JKJIQ4G
Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 17134
Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
Hardware: MS-7A74, MSI, B250M PRO-VD (MS-7A74)
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel® Core™ i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz Intel586, level: 6
4 logical processors, active mask: 15
RAM: 8555565056 bytes total

On Sun 11/18/2018 4:19:49 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111818-7703-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1A9490)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC000001D, 0xFFFFE69506881083, 0xFFFF8D0DF7A97EC0, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• 22,423 posts
:welcome:   krepandus,

Even reinstalling my Windows a few months ago helped only for awhile, 2 weeks tops

What type of media did you use, full retail Windows DVD, downloaded ISO etc.

Couple of things for you to do;

1. Copy any dmp files from C:\Windows\Minidump onto the desktop.
2. Select all of them, right-click on one, and click on Send To> New Compressed (zipped) Folder.
3. Upload the zip folder using the Attach button, bottom left of the dialogue input box 

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here, this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

To publish a Speccy profile to the Web:

1. In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.
  2. In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.
  3. Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box.

krepandus

krepandus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thank you for the fast answer, phillpower2!

I used a bootable USB stick for my installation.

For some reason, Speccy can't connect to the publishing website (googled the issue, suppossedly the servers are down sometimes?) so I saved a screenshot. I found 2 dump files, I think I must've deleted the others with CCleaner or some other software I used in the past few days. Hope it helps!

EDIT: I see my motherboard temp is way high? Is that an issue?

Attached Thumbnails

• speccy.png

Attached Files

• Attached File  dump.rar   216.13KB   1 downloads

Edited by krepandus, Today, 11:16 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• 22,423 posts

Hello krepandus,,

The USB media that you used, was it downloaded from Microsoft and how long ago was it downloaded.

rar are not used on the forunm, can you upload the dmp files using the method that I provided in my reply #2.

Could have done with the Speccy url as it provides so much hardware and software info, will come back to it if we have to.

The MB temp is off the scales and we do need to check it, sort the dmp files for us and while we look at them you can do some other tests for us.

krepandus

krepandus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

My apologies, I always see .rar and .zip as the same. There you go. 

To be frank, it might be a pirated copy. I got it from my gf awhile ago and just always had it. Never had any issues on any pc before tho, nor were any activators included.

Attached Files

• Attached File  dump.zip   231.75KB   0 downloads

Edited by krepandus, Today, 06:52 PM.