Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Jobs for the strong-minded....

• Please log in to reply

FutureWoWplayer

FutureWoWplayer

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Ive been interest in computer for some time. And in my quest to future understand that which will probably one day take us over, I would like to make a few bucks at it before I go out, you know what I mean....CHING CHING....lol

In all seriousness, Ive recently built two computers and as frustrating as it is, I can't seem to pull away from it and I'm drawn to the challenge. Well I would like to take my skills and make an honest days pay at it. Where I can have a desk or maybe and office with my own extension. Something that I can make a career out of. I know many people here already have something to the nature or are in the process of getting something to that nature. As for me, Im clueless as to what companies hire for computer builders, or computer repairs, or even computer service. This is both my gift and my curse and I shall use it to my advantage. So if anyone out there has information on jobs, or places I can go to look at the type of jobs, I would be extremely greatful. Again any information is welcome, so please share the knowledge.

PS If there are any books any would recommend to increase my computer knowledge Im all ears as well....

Advertisements

SoccerDad

SoccerDad

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
Assuming you already have a means to bring in the dough for food/rent, I would stick with it and start your own business. Repair, maintenance and computer sales service(s) can be done with low overhead to start. (read: in your living room) Give the best possible service you can, and arm both your clients and yourself with as much education and knowledge as possible. Promote referral program(s) and do your best to get the repeat business. Once you have established a clientale, then you can work towards office etc....

As for learning: the best tool IMHO is the Internet itself!

Best of luck to you!
Be well, SD