Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hi im new cpu question still need help!

• Please log in to reply

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Go into bios and it should be under voltages or something similar and change the vcore to 1.5

Advertisements

computermaker

computermaker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
theres no where i can change the voltage :\

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hmm that could be a problem, I have a biostar board like that and it won't let me change the vcore either.

I,ll see if I can find your manual and post back

computermaker

computermaker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
in the bios there is a place i can see the voltage but when i try to change it i cant highlight anything so i dunno

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
On the mobo there is a extra 4 pin connector that is labled J3, there should be a power connector from the psu to this J3.

Is this connected?

computermaker

computermaker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
yes wont work without it

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
I suspect its the power supply,but I ain't by no means sure. The J3 connector is the vcore power connector.

remember when you said the voltages were 1.45 to 1.47 and not steady, well that is low and it suggest to me that the psu is not supplying the proper voltage to the cpu.

I would try another psu, I also remeber not long ago helping someone with that psu and when I looked into it there were reports of problems with it and in general its not a very good one.

rick

computermaker

computermaker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
ya its very loud too aslo the fan rpm flexurates and the psu weighs like 1 lb maybe i should look ibnto a new one

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
I would because when I looked into it I could not find specs that told me the amps on the rails, this alone suggests it junk,

Thats why I did not ask or report the rated amps on the psu witch is something I normally ask for to see if it compatible with Amd cpu's.

rick

computermaker

computermaker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
thanks for the help ill try that out as soon as i can

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Your welcome and keep us posted

computermaker

computermaker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
i was in the bois looking at the voltage and everything the bios is reading on the vcore 1.48-1.504 flexs every so 5 secs so i guess the program i was using pc wizard isnt total accurate do u still think i should try a new psu?

Edited by computermaker, 02 September 2005 - 12:59 AM.