Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

where can i get vista

• Please log in to reply

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
where can i get a legal copy of the beta.
legal means

no filesharing
no torrent
no crap
the real thing

Advertisements

jasqid

jasqid

• Pip
  • 7 posts
As far as I know, you have to register with Microsoft and ask to become a beta tester.

Check this link:
http://support.micro...kb;en-us;833520

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Or, subscribe to TechNet Plus (currently $559):
http://www.microsoft...ns/default.mspx

SlitNek

SlitNek

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
i dont believe so, i am a student at ITT in liverpool and we were given the iso's by microsoft. they came to see if we would beta test it for us and told us to hand it out to everyone who attends so you realy dont need to sign up but if you want the link to grab it off my teachers form here you go

[link removed]

this was given to us 1 week befor they changed it to vista

I don't know what that link was, but it 20mb it certainly wasn't Vista, and even it was, you wouldn't be allowed to post it here.

Edited by admin, 10 October 2005 - 02:11 PM.

blackbeard

blackbeard

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
You mean you actually WANT Vista ....

Guess some people are out of their minds!

It's like asking for ab ullet in the head!

chickenman

chickenman

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
indeed lol, USE LINUX!, or windows 3.1 :tazz:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
see....sliturnek...they gave that copy to a School...not an individual...plus....they probably actually gave it to your teacher (i went to ITT as well...so i know the kinds of teachers they have)....so...that copy was either for his use...or for the use of the school...not for open distribution....you keep passing that link around and get caught by the wrong person...there will probably be repercussions

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
When is vista coming to the shops?

And with microsoft beta testing, does anyone know if theres such thing as macromedia beta testing?

jasqid

jasqid

• Pip
  • 7 posts

When is vista coming to the shops?

4th Quarter 2006.

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts

You mean you actually WANT Vista ....

Guess some people are out of their minds!
It's like asking for ab ullet in the head!

Yes some people actually do want Vista, I'm one of them. Sooner or later, it will be preinstalled on computers, and people will be having trouble with it, and we will need to be ready to help them. Each OS has its own quirks, and I will need to differentiate between a quirk and and an error.
No, this will not be my main OS. I will still be using XP on my laptop, but will be installing Vista on the machine I"m (eventually) building.

-Ryan

Advertisements

SlitNek

SlitNek

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
ok well let me further explain, this IS NOT a full version of vista or something to get a source code from these are transformation packets that simulate the vista OS that was givven to us my microsoft and f it was illigal for my teacher to list then it wouldnt be there i would assume cause it has his name full name and the other students that maintain it on the home page

that was the real like i wouldnt give anyone a link to an infected file or mislead anyone here

Edited by SlitUrNek, 14 October 2005 - 01:01 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well....those transforms just give it the look...and nothing else

SlitNek

SlitNek

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
right

Boat

Boat

• Pip
  • 5 posts

indeed lol, USE LINUX!, or windows 3.1 :tazz:

The first time I tried to install a Linux distro it would not work with my modem. Actually Linux wouldn't work with 80% of the modems in computers because they were "software modems". The next time I tried Linux (Ubunto) I couldn't get it to work with a wireless adapter. I searched the web looking for a driver or a way to adapt a windows driver but all I found were people like me, also looking for a workable driver. Linux is not ready for prime time. It's great fun for programmers and other geeks looking to kill time but if you want your computer to work - no matter what the hardware is - Windows XP is your choice. It's fun to bash Micro$oft but Vista is going to be the next OS for most of the computing world.

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts

The first time I tried to install a Linux distro it would not work with my modem. Actually Linux wouldn't work with 80% of the modems in computers because they were "software modems". The next time I tried Linux (Ubunto) I couldn't get it to work with a wireless adapter. I searched the web looking for a driver or a way to adapt a windows driver but all I found were people like me, also looking for a workable driver. Linux is not ready for prime time. It's great fun for programmers and other geeks looking to kill time but if you want your computer to work - no matter what the hardware is - Windows XP is your choice. It's fun to bash Micro$oft but Vista is going to be the next OS for most of the computing world.

almost all the drivers are out there.

wireless instructions are on the Ubuntu forums complete with download locations.

as for the modems, there are modem drivers out there, you can get them from http://www.linuxant.com. gives you rduimentary 14400kb modem for free, for fax capatbility there is a one time fee of $15.

I use Linux for everything, including telling people how to fix their windows boxes and I am not a computer supergeek. I dabble in a little programming, but if I wanted to use Windows for that I could. they have the same stuff for windows as they do for linux. I foresee Linux being ready for prime time within the next 12 months and Ubuntu is going to help lead it there along with Debian.

I also know that I iwll not have Vista on any of my machines, it will either be XP or linux, nothing else.