Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

What's a good processor?

• Please log in to reply

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
to tell ya the truth if i had the money to blow, i'd get 2x Seagate / 146.8GB / 15K / 8MB / Ultra-320 / SCSI / 80-Pin / OEM / Hard Drive but they are $1119.99 a peice, sure, they are fast as [bleep], but expansive. but since you don't have that kinda budget.....stick with the one i pointed out :tazz:

Advertisements

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*

to tell ya the truth if i had the money to blow, i'd get 2x Seagate / 146.8GB / 15K / 8MB / Ultra-320 / SCSI / 80-Pin / OEM / Hard Drive but they are $1119.99 a peice, sure, they are fast as [bleep], but expansive. but since you don't have that kinda budget.....stick with the one i pointed out :tazz:

Holy cow! The 1000 area is what I thought the computer itself would cost! LOL!

Anyways, here my new list!

And um, how do I find the watts of my PSU?

Attached Files

Edited by BillyBobJunior, 02 November 2005 - 07:17 PM.

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
it will say it on the side, if you take the case side off, it will say it on the side, but you will need a new one anyways, differnt number of pins then the motherboard, and it won't be more then 300 or 3500 watts probly. I personaly would try to purswade you to go AMD not intel, AMD chips are better and faster then intel, and they are less expsive for what you get for the speed. but other then the CPU, the moboand the video card, either get the 1800 XT or a nVidia card with a SLI mobo, it makes future upgrade easier. cause i just read a review about a 1800 XL, and it says it is slower on stuff then the 7800 GT i seggested you get earlyer.

Edited by goladith, 02 November 2005 - 09:08 PM.

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*

it will say it on the side, if you take the case side off, it will say it on the side, but you will need a new one anyways, differnt number of pins then the motherboard, and it won't be more then 300 or 3500 watts probly. I personaly would try to purswade you to go AMD not intel, AMD chips are better and faster then intel, and they are less expsive for what you get for the speed. but other then the CPU, the moboand the video card, either get the 1800 XT or a nVidia card with a SLI mobo, it makes future upgrade easier. cause i just read a review about a 1800 XL, and it says it is slower on stuff then the 7800 GT i seggested you get earlyer.

Will the motherboard I want support a Nvidia SLI thing? Well, if I go Intel, my mom will pay for the processor(only if its above 650 dollars) and the Intel has more GHz, so I can always upgrade, and Intels tend to last longer.... and I was never fond of AMD.

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
GhZ isn't everything, AMD is much better then Intel, and why will she only pay for it if it is Intel? is AMD evil or satanic? My CPU is a AMD FX-55 939 CPU it out performs any Intel in games, and it is only 2.6 GHZ. But that mother baord does not support SLI, it only has 1 PCI-Express 16x slot. but if she's will to pay for the processor herself, get an AMD FX-55 or a FX-57 lol, the FX-57 retailes for just under $1000, and the FX-55 is down to about $750-$800 usaly.

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*

GhZ isn't everything, AMD is much better then Intel, and why will she only pay for it if it is Intel? is AMD evil or satanic? My CPU is a AMD FX-55 939 CPU it out performs any Intel in games, and it is only 2.6 GHZ. But that mother baord does not support SLI, it only has 1 PCI-Express 16x slot. but if she's will to pay for the processor herself, get an AMD FX-55 or a FX-57 lol, the FX-57 retailes for just under $1000, and the FX-55 is down to about $750-$800 usaly.

K.

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*
http://www.tigerdire...3886&CatId=1569
motherboard and
http://www.tigerdire...5212&CatId=1947
CPU

Will that motherboard support the SLI?

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
that is also a good processor, the FX-53, yes, the mobo is SLi

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*

that is also a good processor, the FX-53, yes, the mobo is SLi

Okay so I made my FINAL list! w00t!

Anyways, I realize Christmas is coming, do alot of technological equipment go down in price after Christmas alot usually? Because I want to save as much money on this as possible, but I want all these parts, so I think it would be wise to wait after Christmas then alot of stores prices go down after Christmas, do you think its wise?

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
no, techie toys do not go down after christmas. they are usaly the lowest around this time of the year, it was this time last year that i build my rig, and spend 3 grand.........

Advertisements

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*

no, techie toys do not go down after christmas. they are usaly the lowest around this time of the year, it was this time last year that i build my rig, and spend 3 grand.........

Well do they come on sale durinf Christmas? I got around a total of 1,600 dollars with shipping.

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
lol, no, they aren't gonna go down between now and christmas

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*

lol, no, they aren't gonna go down between now and christmas

:tazz: :) :)

They came down during Halloween. What the... ^^

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
huh? no, prices do not go down on coputer equiptment for any holliday, they con consistant though out the year, they only time they go down is when new stuff comes out

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*

huh? no, prices do not go down on coputer equiptment for any holliday, they con consistant though out the year, they only time they go down is when new stuff comes out

I thought it would, when does new stuff come out? Randomly usually?