Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

What's a good processor?

• Please log in to reply

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
yea, pretty much, considering the new ATI cards came outta nowhere, especialy so late after nVidia, i wasn't expecting it.

Advertisements

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*

yea, pretty much, considering the new ATI cards came outta nowhere, especialy so late after nVidia, i wasn't expecting it.

Is this going to change anything in the future that will make upgrading my comp in the future like the situation I am in now? Or do the ATI use the same type of slots/sockets?

ATI are CPU or video cards?

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
ATi is a company that maked video cards, yea, ATI use PCI-Express too now, but they do not work in SLI mode, only nVidia cards do....i shoudl have wanrned ya about that, if you find a crossfire board though, that is ATI's version of SLi

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*

ATi is a company that maked video cards, yea, ATI use PCI-Express too now, but they do not work in SLI mode, only nVidia cards do....i shoudl have wanrned ya about that, if you find a crossfire board though, that is ATI's version of SLi

Isn't that what Radion does also? Crossfire I mean?

Edited by BillyBobJunior, 03 November 2005 - 05:55 PM.

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
yea, ATi, Radoens are made by ATi

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*

yea, ATi, Radoens are made by ATi

Oh... Okay. :tazz:

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
so, to tell ya the truth, i fyou can find a Crossfire suppting mothebaord, get the 1800 XL or XT other wise to SLI and get a 7800 GT or 2

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*

so, to tell ya the truth, i fyou can find a Crossfire suppting mothebaord, get the 1800 XL or XT other wise to SLI and get a 7800 GT or 2

2 7800 GT would be better than 2 1800 XL/XTs right?

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
well, i fyou can find a motherbaord that supports crossfire, get the 2 1800 XT's, they are much better then the 7800 GT's or even the 700 GTX's, but, you may need to buy the motherbaord from a differnt web site, try www.newegg.com or www.pricewatch.com

[EDIT] i found this motherboard at newegg.com, if you get that mother baord, get 2 XT's i'd recomend

Edited by goladith, 03 November 2005 - 08:43 PM.

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*
http://www.tigerdire...p?EdpNo=1476606

What about that Video card? Does it matters its DDR3 stuff?

Advertisements

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
thats the current top of the line nVidia card, but, you don't wanna get that motherbaord i points out to you? i mean, 2 GTX's are great too, but not as good as the 1800 XT's, also the 1800 XT's also have ones with 512 mb on onboard RAM

Edited by goladith, 03 November 2005 - 10:00 PM.

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*

thats the current top of the line nVidia card, but, you don't wanna get that motherbaord i points out to you? i mean, 2 GTX's are great too, but not as good as the 1800 XT's, also the 1800 XT's also have ones with 512 mb on onboard RAM

Well, I think I will be good with the top of the line Nvidia card, even with just 1 of them for along time, and when it goes out of date(like 3-5 years?), then I can always get a new one.

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
3-5 years? were talking 2-3 years maby! thats stretching it, lol

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*

3-5 years? were talking 2-3 years maby! thats stretching it, lol

It would be the same for the Radion I would believe too. :tazz:

Technology wise everything out of date pretty fast, right?

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
yea