Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Conundrums!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

MasterJ

MasterJ

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
I made this one up. Pretty obvious too. Here's my sad attempt at a conundrum:

A man walks aimlessly through the streets. He notices a cute bug on the side of the road and decides to take it home. The police find him and arrest him. Why?

Advertisements

sunny441

sunny441

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
:tazz:

nice one!

Cloutz

Cloutz

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 547 posts
Is the bug a car?

MasterJ

MasterJ

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
yes

Cloutz

Cloutz

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 547 posts
He steals the car and takes it home?
Which is why the police arrest him?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
was the bug a six legged radioactive mutant baby?
did the parents report the kinapping?

MasterJ

MasterJ

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

was the bug a six legged radioactive mutant baby?
did the parents report the kinapping?

:) sorry, no.

He steals the car and takes it home?
Which is why the police arrest him?

Yep. :tazz:

yesiammanu

yesiammanu

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
You are in da room with two wooden doors leading out. Trough 1 wooden door is a treasure, teeming with jewels and gold, leading to an exit. Behind another door is a giant, mean jaguar that will eat on anyone dumb enough to open the wooden door. You don't know which wooden door goes to the exit and treasure. Nor do you know which wooden door leads to the jaguar. In the room you are in are two people. One is a priest, who always tells the truth, and a a tricky deceitful fellow, who always lies. They both know what's behind both wooden doors. You don't know who's the priest, Nor do you know which one is the tricky deceitful fellow. You can ask one person 1 question. What's the question you should ask to go to the wooden door leading to the treasure & exit? Don't choose wrong :tazz:.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
who wants to go first? <--the question i would ask..not asking who wants to try this one first

yesiammanu

yesiammanu

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

who wants to go first? <--the question i would ask..not asking who wants to try this one first

Nice try but no :tazz:. If it was me I'd want the other person to go first.

No.

Advertisements

yesiammanu

yesiammanu

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Any guesses?

Swandog46

Swandog46

Malware Expert

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • MVP
Ask each of them which door THE OTHER ONE WOULD SAY the jaguar is behind. The priest will name the door that the jaguar is NOT behind, because the lying person would lie about the door, and the priest always tells the truth. The lying person will also name the door that the jaguar is NOT behind, because the priest would give the correct door, but the lying person has to lie about it and so will switch to the incorrect door.

Then, walk through the door that the two people do NOT name.

yesiammanu

yesiammanu

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Congrats. There goes a perfectly good conundrum :/

yesiammanu

yesiammanu

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Time for a new conundrum! I made this one up also.

A man is standing on the 25th floor, otherwise the top floor, of an appartment complex. A series of events happen. A girl screams. A loud sound goes. He sees a bird right above him dive down. He knows he is about to die. How so?

Edited by yesiammanu, 28 February 2006 - 10:05 PM.

MasterJ

MasterJ

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Ask each of them which door THE OTHER ONE WOULD SAY the jaguar is behind. The priest will name the door that the jaguar is NOT behind, because the lying person would lie about the door, and the priest always tells the truth. The lying person will also name the door that the jaguar is NOT behind, because the priest would give the correct door, but the lying person has to lie about it and so will switch to the incorrect door.

Then, walk through the door that the two people do NOT name.

That's the same concept as the island where the natives lie and the visitors tell the truth.

A man is standing on the 25th floor, otherwise the top floor, of an appartment complex. A series of events happen. A girl screams. A loud sound goes. He sees a bird right above him dive down. He knows he is about to die. How so?

Is the bird dead?
Is the girl injured?
Is she dead?