Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Memory

• Please log in to reply

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
Finally bought some parts--

Antec Sonata II
Opteron 165 Dual Core
Nvidia Gefore 6800 GS (debating about 2 for SLI)
DFI Lan Party Ultra-D

I just cant decide on MEMORY!!!!!!

I wanted to overclock the Opteron (normally at 1.8 ghz)- to atleast 2.6 ghz if not 2.8....but I cannot find decent memory that I am happy with

I wanted to get 2 gig in this- but Im not sure if i can really find anything that fast with the low latency and decent timings that will let me get avove the 250 mhz without crapping out on me

I wanted to stay within 200 dollars plus or minus for this

Thanks guys

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Corsair make good low latency pc3500 its not bad priced here, you would be safe with corsair it will usually all go above 250Mhz, you could always get some of the ddr600 ram modules and remember the rated latencies are for its operating speed so in fast ram they may be high but you wont run it at that so it will be lower.

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 1,470 posts
got any good links?= perferably to newegg...

the only thing with ddr600 is they only make 512 sticks...not sure if i could find something good for that- greater bandwith but not that great of a preformance boost that really convinces me to fork out that much cash for not as much memory