Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

any soccer fans out there

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Angelia

Angelia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
:blink: USA lost 2-1.What was that referee thinking when he marked that penalty :whistling: and Gahna played rough.Knocked out Reyna and the elbow to the head of Lewis in first six minutes of game.We would of had better chance if we hadn't lost Reyna, Pope, and Monstemi(Know it's spelled wrong)

It was a good game USA played great.

Even though we didn't make it into next round.

I still say we deserved to be there and we showed it in the games we played.Even though we lost.

Edited by Angelia, 22 June 2006 - 10:14 AM.

Advertisements

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
Hey Angelia, I didn't see the game though my son did and he said as you did that it was very unfair. I was sad USA are out, it would have been great to see them in Round 2. :woot:

How about the Aussie v Croatia game. :woot: :) :whistling: 2-2 so we're into Round 2 playing against Italy 12.30 am our time next Tuesday morning.

Croatia played a very dirty game and got away with so much of it. The Ref seemed to have lost it in the second half. Simuton (Croatia) started hanging onto Verduka (Aussie) right from the first minute and was very blatant about it. Seemed to me that he was trying to get Verduka (our Captain) mad so he'd retaliate. Simuton got yellowed during the first half. In the second half both a Croatian and Aussie got 2nd yellowed and were given reds and sent off and then Simuton got a 2nd yellow a few minutes later and was not given the red and sent off. The Ref missed so much, like the Aussie corner which was punched out of field by a Croatian player (handball) right in front of the goal - surely the ref must have seen it! :yes: :help:

Oh, well, I guess there's not much point in complaining at least we're still in the comp. :blink:

Following this sure gets the adrenalin going and stresses the body - My son and I were yelling, standing up and pointing at the tele, cheering and hugging, while my daughter complained of being woken up. :woot: I felt more alive at 7 am this morning than I have in a long while.

Angelia

Angelia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
frantique Congrats on making to second round.Australia's playing a good game.Good luck against Italy.

What gets me about the ref's are there suppose to be the best.The first half Ghana had 12 faltas(watch games in spanish) and that's not counting all the ones the ref let slide.

Following this sure gets the adrenalin going and stresses the body - My son and I were yelling, standing up and pointing at the tele, cheering and hugging

I know I hollered at the TV more in that 90mins than i have my 14 year old daughter in a year. :whistling:

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts

I know I hollered at the TV more in that 90mins than i have my 14 year old daughter in a year.

Ha, ha! Wish that were true for me with my 14 years old daughter! :whistling:

Just saw the end of the first half Japan v Brazil. Brazil scored in the last few minutes to make it 1-1. Looks like a good game.

Muggle

Muggle

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

:blink: USA lost 2-1.What was that referee thinking when he marked that penalty :whistling: and Gahna played rough.Knocked out Reyna and the elbow to the head of Lewis in first six minutes of game.We would of had better chance if we hadn't lost Reyna, Pope, and Monstemi(Know it's spelled wrong)

It was a good game USA played great.

Even though we didn't make it into next round.

I still say we deserved to be there and we showed it in the games we played.Even though we lost.

Angelia, you are kidding with all that, right ?? The USA team had no business whatsoever being in that arena !! And FIFA...well that's another story, having ranked the worst team on the planet 5th is insane AND shows what FIFA knows...which is obviously nothing. The USA team has a million miles to go even think they can be on the same field with the likes of Germany and Italy.

Geez....fix that bun on your head...it must be way too tight.

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
Hey muggle, it's OK to have an opinion! It is after all only an opinion. It is not OK to be rude!

Muggle

Muggle

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Hey muggle, it's OK to have an opinion! It is after all only an opinion. It is not OK to be rude!

Rude ??? How was I rude ?

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts

fix that bun on your head...it must be way too tight.

Have your opinion, but do you really think attaching a personal attack at the end of it is in keeping with the kindness proffered on this forum?

Muggle

Muggle

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

fix that bun on your head...it must be way too tight.

Have your opinion, but do you really think attaching a personal attack at the end of it is in keeping with the kindness proffered on this forum?

WHOA !!![size=4] You think that was a personal attack ?!?!?!?

You are so far off base.....it was NOT a personal attack, merely a joke. (Geez)

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
I really don't know how they work out rankings. Czech Republic and USA are ranked higher than Italy, yet, Italy went through and Czech and USA didn't

Advertisements

Angelia

Angelia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Angelia, you are kidding with all that, right ?? The USA team had no business whatsoever being in that arena !! And FIFA...well that's another story, having ranked the worst team on the planet 5th is insane AND shows what FIFA knows...which is obviously nothing. The USA team has a million miles to go even think they can be on the same field with the likes of Germany and Italy.

Do you watch soccer games?

Why do you think USA was ranked 5th?

Do you think FIFA pull the teams ranks out of a hat to rank them?

To me it's obvious you don't follow soccer games or know absoultely nothing about soccer.

So I will leave it at that.

Geez....fix that bun on your head...it must be way too tight

I don't take it as a personal attack on me but an attack on my opinion.

Edited by Angelia, 23 June 2006 - 07:17 AM.

Angelia

Angelia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Supercalifragilistic

The ranks are based on the games that are played during the four year span between world cups.

The USA was ranked fifth because we made it to final four of World Cup 2002 and the games that was played in between.

Don't think Czeck qualified for World Cup 2002(might be wrong) cause don't remember them playing.
Italy got beat by Mexico and didn't make it to second round of WC 2002.That's why there ranking was so low for this WC.

Hope that helps a little.

Muggle

Muggle

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Do you watch soccer games?

Why do you think USA was ranked 5th?

Do you think FIFA pull the teams ranks out of a hat to rank them?

To me it's obvious you don't follow soccer games or know absoultely nothing about soccer.

So I will leave it at that.

Geez....fix that bun on your head...it must be way too tight

I don't take it as a personal attack on me but an attack on my opinion.

I see you answered your own question to me about FIFA in your next answer to "Super". Actually, I know more than most about soccer...I coach soccer on a collegiate level and have sent 3 players to the majors....just thought you'd like to know.

Also, I have a doctorate in Legal Sciences...and have a Menza IQ, so I'm not unintelligent. (I'm NOT bragging, just trying to clear up that I do know what I'm talking about.)

Now, with that cleared up...what in the world makes you think that the US team deserved to be there ? They have no stats that would indicate they belong...do they go just because they belong to FIFA ? That is not a qualifying reason. I applaud your dedication to the team, however, should you stop wishing with your heart you'd realize that in no way shape or form should they be there, other than belonging to a ridiculous organization such as FIFA.

Angelia

Angelia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Also, I have a doctorate in Legal Sciences...and have a Menza IQ, so I'm not unintelligent. (I'm NOT bragging, just trying to clear up that I do know what I'm talking about.)

You have a Menza IQ and don't know how to talk to people.

I'll leave it like that.

I refuse to talk to people that don't know how to talk back.

I refuse to attack your opinions.Cause that's what they are your opinions.

Why are you attacking my opinion?It's not going to change my opinion.

I don't have the experience you claim to have.

should you stop wishing with your heart you'd realize that in no way shape or form should they be there

Did you watch any of the games they played?

And if you did with your experience are you saying they didn't play a good game?

Edited by Angelia, 23 June 2006 - 01:21 PM.

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
australia kicked [bleep]... i rekon there gonna win against italy on tuesday