Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

any soccer fans out there

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Jayzeee

Jayzeee

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Nah its good england are out, we can get football coverage without all the oh England did this and oh England did that, and maybe they will stop showing "highlights" from old games they won from the 60s.

Im disappointed that england are out, I think they were a better team against portugal, but that's football :whistling:

As for the coverage, I have to agree that the BBC 1 commentry during the England games is irritatingly biased. I have been muting the TV, and watching the pictures whilst listening to the radio 5 Live coverage.

Advertisements

Angelia

Angelia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Did anyone catch the game between Germany and Italy?

Great game still shocked that Germany's not in it anymore.

But have to admit Italy played a better game.

So now it's up to Portugal and France to see who the final two will be.

To me this has been an amazing world cup with lots of surprises.

The biggest being Brazil or Germany not in final two.

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
France - Italy final.. Wouldn't have guessed. It'll be a good match though. :whistling:

humminn

humminn

I post links to websites I get a commission from

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Italy Will Win!!

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
Nah, France will :whistling:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
And Italy WIN, 5 - 3 on penalties. Italy now have there 4th world cup.

Angelia

Angelia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Good game felt bad for France.In my opinion they played a better game. :whistling:

Steamhead

Steamhead

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
I think France should have won too. I can't believe Zidane did that. I was shocked :whistling:

Cloutz

Cloutz

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 547 posts
Italy played the better game in the first half. Second half, France was all over the italians. What Zidane did was just....surprising. What a bad way to end his career by getting red carded because he couldn't just walk away. Personally, i find France should have gotten this one...they deserved it.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
I don't know but does anyone here feel that we could drop the football bit of world cup and just have the penalty shoot outs then.

Joking apart, why can't the teams just play on another hour.

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
VIVA ITALIA!!! ITALY WON THE GAME BEFORE IT EVEN STARTED!!! :blink: :help: :)

Poor Zidane, his last World Cup and got angry because he knew they were not going to win... He will never be forgoten.

Posted Image

But what a game, at the end. The best won. But France had a great game... After all they are the only team in the whole of the World Cup 2006 teams to score against us. :whistling:

Posted Image

Angelia

Angelia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
I know what you mean spike_hacker_inc.They say that's how Zidane plays for Real Madrid.If he doesn't get his way he get's angry.That head butt was uncalled for.

France shouldn't be to disappointed they didn't take home World Cup but took 17.83 million dollars.

Italy took world cup and 19+ million dollars.

Germany 14 million dollars.

Even the teams who didn't make it to second round got 4 million dollars just for qualifying.

That's not including the 600,000 thousand dollars each team received for expenses while in Germany.

I truly had no idea that much money was give out by FIFA.

Angelia

Angelia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
:whistling: Forgot Congrats Italy.One more world cup and Italy will be tied with Brazil.
Still say France played better in final game but in all games Italy outshined every other team.

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Poor Zidane, his last World Cup and got angry because he knew they were not going to win... He will never be forgoten.

What do you mean - he got angry because he 'knew' they were not going to win - France was better in the final match... My guess is, that italian said something really bad to get a coolheaded guy like Zidane to do something like that. If he said badly about something personal, then he got what was coming at him (my opinion).

Besides, Zidane got the title of the best player of the tournament - he definately deserved it and its a good achievement. And no - he won't be forgotten. :whistling: Italy's final win was simply because one french player hit the goalpost on the penalty shootout.... Both of the goalies was completely lost on the penalties.

Angelia

Angelia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
I sorta agree with you Rawe.

From what i recall Mazerrati was holding Zidane during a play.When the play was stopped Zidane turned around and walked away.Mazaretti was behind him saying something.Zidane turned around and head butted him.So it wasn't the play that caused Zidane to get mad it was what Mazerrati was saying after the fact.
But in a sport especially soccer that head butt was uncalled for and unprofessional.But who am I to judge. We can all be provoked in one way or another to become that angry.