Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FAQ

• Please log in to reply

greenwarrior

greenwarrior

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Hello,
Can anyone have a donation link in their signature or only the staff and geekU guys are permitted to do so?

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Only staff are permitted to have a donation link. :)

Sub-Zer0

Sub-Zer0

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
Hi all,

I was wondering if there is any news on the progress of my GeekU application? I know you guys and girls are extremely busy and you are doing a great job by the way :thumbsup: Just want to double check that it hasn't been over looked or something? Sorry if I come across inpatient, I'm just very keen to get started.

All the best,
Sub-Zer0

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
It hasn't been overlooked. We have a lot of applications, please be patient.

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts
Who is the anonymous user? and why?

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
They're anonymous because they wish to be that way. There is an option when logging in to be anonymous; that way, people can't see you when you're online. It could be a different person every time you see it, and even I knew I wouldn't tell you, as that would defeat the purpose of logging in anonymously. ;)

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts
Ha,Ha! thanks Sari.
I was intrigued to why that would be there. I thought it was spies!

Firestarts

Firestarts

• Pip
  • 1 posts
thats interesting my friend, good

Samantha Lee

Samantha Lee

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I tried to edit my signature today and the page shows "You cannot change your signature until you have 2 more approved posts"
What does it mean by approved posts? How do I get them? Are these just regular posts i.e. post count needs to be at a certain level?

I simply want to put in my signature that I've worked for a USA cell phone provider and a Canadian cell phone provider, so when I give advise or answer questions in the Smart phones and tablets section, I'm not just pulling it out of my butt.

EDIT: I was able to edit it just recently, so it seems that it's just overall post count. Can I get confirmation about that though?

Edited by Samantha Lee, 23 May 2012 - 04:41 PM.

Djoni Filho

Djoni Filho

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
The restriction of posting on topics related malware is only the removal, or can not create topics with tutorials and security tips?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You might want to ask a Admin that question via a pm. I think the tutorials would be covered under that also since it would be seen in this forum instead of the malware forum. :thumbsup:

Djoni Filho

Djoni Filho

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Ok. Thanks ;)

Valinorum

Valinorum

GeekU Guardian Bot

• GeekU Moderator
  • 3,330 posts
Thanks for the FAQ.

jumbohoho

jumbohoho

• Pip
  • 1 posts
How do you download attachments? I found a post by gorgon about adding a file called windowsshell.manifest. Lovethepink replied and said to download a file attached. How do I do this!

evildicey

evildicey

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys, just wondering if I would be allowed to promote my animated movie in the off topic section?

thanks