Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What are you listening to?

• Please log in to reply

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Since I'm seeing them in concert tomorrow:

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
That video is way too :cool:

I have a habit of saving all my concert and special events ticket stubs and tucking them away in a photo album for safe keeping (and to relive the memories of course!). I can only imagine your collection, Sari! :o

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
My husband and I love music and attending concerts, and even at our advanced age (:lol:), we go to a lot of young alternative acts. I receive most of my tickets electronically now, so I can relive the memories that way, although I should do a better job of cataloging and organizing them. Here's a lineup of what I've either seen or have coming up this year:

Mumford and Sons
The Joy Formidable (We attended this with Dsenette and his wife)
Sweetlife Festival
The National
Of Monsters and Men (tomorrow)
Sting Back to Bass tour (Wednesday)
The Postal Service (next Tuesday)
Imagine Dragons

I have tickets for The Lumineers, but I have to give them up. :(

Of course, this doesn't even include all the opening acts, which we always make sure to see, even if they make our ears bleed! (Reference my posts about Dirty Projectors :blink: )

One of my favorite Sting songs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB6a-iD6ZOY

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP

Nice post DonnaB :thumbsup:

http://youtu.be/hWuSrc53QL4

Flipping link again!?! :headscratch:

If I go to that link, I get this in the address bar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWuSrc53QL4&feature=youtu.be
As you can see below, that works. Are you copying the link while watching the actual Youtube video? You can see how the links are different between yours and mine, and that seems to be the common denominator. I fixed it in your last post, and now the video is embedded also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWuSrc53QL4&feature=youtu.be

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts

even at our advanced age (:lol:)

Advanced age :confused: We're still in our prime years here, girlie!

Remember back in the day when concert tickets were only $14.75/$21.50 and you saw 3-4 groups perform?

I have tickets for The Lumineers, but I have to give them up. :(

:(

Speaking of Lumineers! I was just listening to them! Love this song.

@Nutloaf,

How are you copying the link? I just click in the address bar to highlight the link, then copy. I don't click and drag to highlight.

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts
This is a test post for Sari as it is a Sting vid. A piece which I am on the road to learning on my Geet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTnzmWr2J6I

Huzahh!! Thank you Sari the mystery is solved. I was watching the video and clicking Share. If watching the clip, copy from the address bar. Sari to the rescue. I must tell Wolfeymole about this as I think he will be interested to hear.

Sari you rule :thumbsup:

Edited by Nutloaf, 10 June 2013 - 10:26 AM.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Nutty.

I already told you what to do my friend, what you did not tell me was that you were clicking on Share.:lol:

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts
@Wolfey :rofl: Sorry Wolfey :rofl: .....and the clip ends just before the last 2 bars :happy:

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Well such is life on the last two bars Nutty but do you remember this from our last PM on embedding YT vids?

Hello Nutloaf mate Posted Image

Ok when you choose a Youtube vid copy the url that is shown.

Make a new post and click the Insert Media icon and as you say a box will pop up showing http:// in blue.

Hit Delete to get rid of it and then paste the copied url into that box.

The link will show only as a url at that point, it's only when you click Post that you will see the vid.

Hope this helps my friend.

Bob

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts
@Wolfey - How could I forget that PM it has never left my thoughts :) Every time I tried to post a vid.

My mystery method worked Here

Ok when you choose a Youtube vid copy the url that is shown.

My interpretation of that line contains an assumption by me - Ok when you choose a Youtube vid Click Share :no: and copy the url that is shown. I always click share in Youtube and send to Youtube accounts. It's all about the address bar on the forums. I do have Nut in my name, it's there for a reason :lol:

Wolfey showed me the correct method and Sari discovered how I was destroying that method. Thank you both for this. I know I really confused Wolfey in the PM..... "It doesn't show in the preview" said Wolfey. "It does for me when it works" replied Nut :lol:

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
I had never considered the Share aspect Nutty, this is good to know for future occasions.

It seems the issue is finally resolved mate. :thumbsup:

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts
Apart from seeing The Who, Super Furry Animals comes a close second to awesome gigs.

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Steve Perry :woot: :hug: :kiss: :wub:

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts
GeekTube - I love it.

Lighters in the air for DonnaB's clip please (old school) and metal fans please refrain from using aerosols!

Checking the vids for any bad language is fun, and some of the adverts feature some interesting toolbars tools for us to try. :)

EDIT Have you tried pressing play on all the videos on a page at the same time? :lol: I bet there is a remix in here somewhere......

Edited by Nutloaf, 10 June 2013 - 08:40 PM.

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts

Lighters in the air for DonnaB's

I still have those old school scars on my fingers from hot lighters held upon high from my concert days of yore!

I wonder if Sari stocks up on lighters before the many concerts she attends? :confused: