Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My new vista i posted up just before

• Please log in to reply

ewa

ewa

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
i have only had the computer for 3 days now, and before i even added or downloaded any new things, it was crashing, it just crash dumps, so that is what I am wondering about.

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
ewa,

In the post that I believe you are referring to you mentioned that you can't use Azareus. This is a known filesharing client, and we provide no support for this. If you truly want help, and your problems are truly not related to filesharing, then you need to post in the appropriate area. However, we will provide no help for your Azareus issues at all. Also, if you want help, you're more likely to get it if you can give a better description of your issue. Does it crash when using a particular program? Is this a computer you purchased with Vista installed, or did you upgrade? Those are all things we would need to know. It sounds like you're having a compatibility issue between your computer and Vista. I suggest you go to the Vista forum and start a new thread there. Please be as specific as possible about your problems, as this will make it more likely that you'll receive the help you need in a timely fashion.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Is this a new computer that came with Vista preinstalled or is it a machine that you have installed Vista on?

The more information you provide to us, the more likely we will be able to help you. The first thing you should do, though, is uninstall any file sharing applications you have on the machine...they will just get in the way of anything we try to do.

I've moved this to the Vista Forum.

ewa

ewa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
it was preinstalled, it's the home basic, and from the time i have turned it on, it has been crashing. The internet as well stops working for me a lot of the time, thanks guys!!

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
If it's new and has been doing that from the beginning, you should return it to the folks you bought it from. You may have bad hardware or a corrupt installation. At three days old, there should be no reason they wouldn't make it right for you.

ewa

ewa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
i got it from a program my daughter was in (for free), and because i moved out of the city, it voided the warranty, so I am kind of on my own with it..

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Did you get the Vista installation disk with it?

ewa

ewa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
it is a recovery disc and the drivers and chpset disc i got with it, so it just goes back to how it was (i guess), i had to recover it the first day i got it, as one of my kids ended up putting a password (they mustve touched the keyboard before i got a chance to puit in a password, so theirs registered)..and the ppl at sona (the company it is from) led me through the steps to recover it.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
When it crashes, does it give you a blue screen with some error codes on it, or does it just crash.

Does it restart by itself when it crashes, quit responding, or shut down?

ewa

ewa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
the blue screen with the codes (thats go way to quick for me to even see what it say's) and then it restarts on it's own

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Let's see if we can get it to stop on that blue screen so you can get me the error codes.

Right click on "Computer" in the startup menu and choose "Properties". In the left pane of the window that opens, click on the link "Advanced System Settings". In the window that opens, in the "Startup and Recovery" section, remove the tick from the box next to "Automatically Restart". Apply the change and reboot.

The next time your machine blue screens, it will stop on the screen. Please jot down any numbers and/or file names you see on the screen and post them here for me.

ewa

ewa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
okay did that, but reboot, as in just turn off and back on?? and will definately post as soon as it happens again, thanks again!!

ewa

ewa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
as well now it keeps on saying my nero home essentials is not working, and everytime i click to close the program in the little window, it just keeps on coming back

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Is the Nero Home Essentials an application that came with your computer?

Let's stop it from starting with Windows for a bit until we can get some of the more serious issues cleared up. First, see if it's in the startup folder. Click the Start orb, then All Programs. Find the "Startup" folder, right click on it, and choose "Open". Is the Nero application shown in that folder?

ewa

ewa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
this is what came up STOP:0X00000014 (0X00041284, 0X01127001, 0X0000063, 0XC0801000 )
as well the nero was a disc that came with the computer that I installed, and the messege didn't start popping up until about the last 2 hours ago