Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

31 Days of the Dragon Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Yeah, cause it wouldn't scar that kid to go through life with a name like Geekstogo!

Advertisements

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
:) :)

Maybe you should name him "Dragon" or "Vista" instead? :)

barbarabaker

barbarabaker

• Pip
  • 5 posts
So when is this contest suppose to be ending and when will the winner be chosen? I'm just wondering because of the date being the 20th. Not that I had a great chance to begin with, but the longer it goes on...the less of a chance I'll ever get to having my hands on one of these babies... :)

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
We will be closing the submission thread tonight at 11:59pm CST. The winner will be immediately chosen via random drawing of a number. Whoever matches that number, Admin and I will then verify the entry IS legitimate and falls within the guidelines. As soon as we do that, the winner will be announced! :)

barbarabaker

barbarabaker

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Thank you very much Kat...I appreciate it!!!

CANT WAIT...MY STRESS LEVELS ARE LIKE A TIME BOMB!!!!!(lol)

Edited by barbarabaker, 20 May 2008 - 07:26 PM.

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
:) I'm not going to be up that late anyways, but I will check my email at school tomorrow morning! :)

SmileyXX

SmileyXX

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I'll be anxiously waiting for the winner to be announced.

*crosses fingers*

Hope I win!

hassan5in1

hassan5in1

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Admins, sorry but I have to mention this. I had uploaded the picture to ImgPlace.com, linked directly to the picture from there perhaps they don't like that because the picture I had uploaded is not showing up now. Getting "404 Not Found" error there now when I try to see the image!!

I have left the imgplace.com Image link in my post too, and uploaded the exact same entry picture to Image Shack this time. Sorry :)

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

Admins, sorry but I have to mention this. I had uploaded the picture to ImgPlace.com, linked directly to the picture from there perhaps they don't like that because the picture I had uploaded is not showing up now. Getting "404 Not Found" error there now when I try to see the image!!

I have left the imgplace.com Image link in my post too, and uploaded the exact same entry picture to Image Shack this time. Sorry :)

That's fine. You are still eligible. I remember that exact photo, so I know it's the same one. Besides, Admin stated previously that you could change your entry, so long as you didn't enter more than one picture. :)

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Congratulations, MNKB!

Thank you again, everyone, for joining us here. We certainly hope you'll stick around and participate in our little 'home' on the Web. :)

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Congratulations, MNKB!!!! Enjoy that beast. :)

Thank you and all the other participants for making this such an enjoyable and successful contest.

hassan5in1

hassan5in1

• Pip
  • 6 posts

That's fine. You are still eligible. I remember that exact photo, so I know it's the same one. Besides, Admin stated previously that you could change your entry, so long as you didn't enter more than one picture. :)

Thanks Kat! NO LUCK entry on another one too, lol, anyways. Congrats MNKB! Kat, I understand that there are going to be some more awards for most creative entry etc. here on GeekstoGo, winning one of those does not mean disqualification from winning HDX on other sites, correct?

Edited by hassan5in1, 21 May 2008 - 01:05 AM.

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
Cogratz :) I never win these anyway :)

BINOY XAVIER JOY

BINOY XAVIER JOY

• Pip
  • 3 posts
HEY this cant happen .... this is cheating!!! the winner dint even take the print out of the logo :) .....ANyway congrats mnkb...

Edited by BINOY XAVIER JOY, 21 May 2008 - 01:28 AM.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

HEY this cant happen .... this is cheating!!! the winner dint even take the print out of the logo :) .....ANyway congrats mnkb...

How was this cheating? If you read through the rules, it DOES state that you may "print" to your screen, by using it as your wallpaper or whatever. The winner used the logo on a website, then had that site opened on their monitor... and TOOK A PICTURE of it. All four Admins deemed it to be a legitimate entry. We were very careful when checking through them all.